Windows 10: Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X

Discus and support Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 X is Microsoft’s new operating system for dual-screen devices and it’s reportedly coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X

Windows 10 X is Microsoft’s new operating system for dual-screen devices and it’s reportedly coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X was originally announced at Microsoft’s Surface event on October 2, and PC makers are now publicly showing off their devices running this OS.

Microsoft initially plans to ship Windows 10 X on devices like Surface Neo and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold before unveiling laptops running the modular operating system.

At CES 2020, Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Fold was spotted with a very early version of Windows 10 X and the UI is currently heavily focused on swipe gestures.

Like Windows 8, you can swipe in from the bottom-right to open the Action Center and you can swipe down to close apps. Similarly, the Start menu can be trigged with a swipe up gesture.

Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X Windows-10-X-Start-layout.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Neowin

These gestures may seem a bit out of place on a non-touchscreen device, but Windows 10 X gestures could support trackpad and gestures on a trackpad work in a similar fashion. It is likely that Microsoft could also enable keyboard shortcuts for the gestures.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 X currently allows users to run more than one app at once in a side-by-side experience only. At this time, you cannot run multiple apps in windowed mode, but this is likely to change as there are rumours claiming that Microsoft will enable windowed mode support before shipping Windows 10 X to consumers.

The details of Microsoft’s new virtual-machine-like approach to run Win32 desktop apps in Windows 10 X are also not known.

Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X Windows-10-X-app-switcher.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Neowin

Microsoft will be taking a new virtual-machine like approach to run desktop apps on ‘Containers’, so it’ll be easier to manage such apps on less powerful machines. With Containers, Microsoft plans to let users run Win32 apps in a virtual environment from the cloud rather than from local storage.

Windows 10 X is still very incomplete and some of the basic features are currently missing, but the operating system will be ready by this holiday season.

The post Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

Hi Larry,

To turn off the Focused & other feature in the Mail app, please follow the steps below:

• Open your Mail app
    • Click on the Settings icon (looks like a gear).
    • Click Options, and search for the layout section.
    • Under layout, find Focused Inbox. Select Don't sort messages and then hit
      Save.
    We'll look forward to your reply.

Josef Bri, Jan 20, 2020
  3. DingC13 Win User
    Windows 10 Gestures Stopped Working

I am actually still having problems. I can get the gestures to work properly by doing the steps listed above, but after a day or two, they stop working again. No updates, installs, or anything. Looking for a permanent solution.

DingC13, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Get rid of Focused in Windows 10 Mail

Hello Joseph,

To better assist you with your query, we would like you to answer the following questions?

• What device did you used to turn off the Focused Inbox?
    • Did you go to Outlook.com website to turn it off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X - Similar Threads - Another gestures focused

2. Change "full focus" by moving the mouse to another tab or window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change "full focus" by moving the mouse to another tab or window: When I move the mouse pointer to another tab or window, I want to focus without clicking full focus, any idea?It's really an extra click, removing it makes the job very easyWindows 10 came and added Scroll Focus, but I am looking for full FocusOS : Windows 11...
  3. First look at Windows 11's Focus Assist feature

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Windows 11's Focus Assist feature: Microsoft unveiled the new Focus Assist feature of its upcoming Windows 11 operating system earlier this month. The feature is now available in the latest Windows 11 preview builds. Reason enough to take a look at the Focus Assist feature, describe what it does, how it is...
  4. I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely: My touchpad is a Precision touchpad. When I enter UEFI Bios in my Dell laptop, the touchpad gestures are disabled completely "multi-finger scroll etc." I want to achieve that inside Windows 10. disabling them from windows settings won't be enough, as I want to be able to...
  5. A closer look at Xbox Series X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Xbox Series X: [ATTACH] A few months ago, we revealed Xbox Series X, our fastest, most powerful console ever, designed for a console generation that has you, the player, at its center. When it is released this holiday season, Xbox Series X will set a new bar for performance, speed and...
  6. Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 X for dual-screen and foldable devices such as the Surface Neo. The leaked documentation has previously revealed that Microsoft also plans to optimize 10X for traditional laptops and the OS has already been put on an unsupported MacBook....
  7. This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

in Windows 10 News
    This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures: When Microsoft took the wraps off Windows 10 X, there was no mention of the OS coming to the traditional laptops, notebooks or desktops other than the dual-screen devices like Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold, Surface Neo or Dell’s Concept Duet. A leak published in 2019 revealed...
  8. Here’s another look at Microsoft’s modular Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s another look at Microsoft’s modular Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X, which is a ‘brand new expression’ of Microsoft’s Windows operating system, would be ready for consumers in 2020. Windows 10 X has been created for a new breed of devices with at least two displays and Microsoft’s own Surface Neo could be one of the few PCs to...
  9. Windows 10 Touchscreen Gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Touchscreen Gestures: Hi Everybody, has anybody found a solution for the Touch Gestures on Windows 10? I am developing a Kiosk App and I'm facing this rather annoying problem with the Touchscreen gestures. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!...
  10. Touch Gestures for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Touch Gestures for Windows 10: How to: Touch Gestures for Windows 10 List of Touch Gestures for Windows 10 You can get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures. A touch gesture is the physical act or motion performed on a touch screen by your finger. This tutorial will provide...