Windows 10: Another 'lost' folder

Discus and support Another 'lost' folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I seem to be having a really bad time with my desktop recently - meaning the desktop is ok, I am not:*Sad Somehow, my 'user' name has been changed -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ladylouisaC, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Another 'lost' folder

I seem to be having a really bad time with my desktop recently - meaning the desktop is ok, I am not:*Sad

Somehow, my 'user' name has been changed - which I have just realised when searching for files, getting one drive working etc. 'Almost' everything is in the new name, but not everything.

Say - Old 'user' name was PAT and this is now changed to PATRICIA. I believe this is how my Documents folder became 'moved' and not retrievable - tried to renew Location, but am being told cannot do this as the folder contains a file that cannot be moved!! Anyway, enough on that for now - the change of User name is puzzling because there are some old folders/files with the old name that I wish to access and cannot - although having said that I did somehow get to one old folder by accident and its' name is: C:users\PAT\SkyDrive\2017\Documents\christmastrip\, I meant to make a full note of where it was, but forgot, and now I cannot remember how I found it albeit by accident.

But, there is no User account called PAT anymore so not sure where to go from Users, or for that matter Windows Explorer.

It appears that there has at some time in the not too distant past been an imp in my computer messing around with files and folders. Any suggestions please.

:)

ladylouisaC, Aug 28, 2019
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Another 'lost' folder

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Another 'lost' folder

1. Another 'lost' folder - Similar Threads - Another 'lost' folder

2. Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Folder: Back in April computer did an update. It kept the same User LogIn but the start up screen was not the same . There was few less icons on this start up desktop not the same background, could find all files and folders. Late last week noticed the search feature not working...
  3. Lost folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folders: Hi, I have lost a number of folders following the latest windows 10 update. I have tried all of the recommended solutions, performed a system reastore and web chatted with Micrsoft. Has anyone been able to slve this problem>...
  4. Lost folder

Lost folder: [ATTACH] When I go to "My PC" on my HP laptop,I cannot open the Downloads folder.I get this error message.The page says: This PC.The folders in it are:3D Pictures,Desktop,Documents,Downloads,Music,Pictures and Videos.These came with the laptop....
  5. System Folders "lost" on another Drive

System Folders "lost" on another Drive: Hello Guys, This might seem like a simple question but I couldn't find the answer. I just changed my PC and now have an SSD and an HDD. Obviously windows is on the SSD. I wanted to use the HDD for storage so I tried to move the system folders like "Download" and "Music"...
  6. Lost folder

Lost folder: Hello! I preinstalled my windows, because it was running pretty slow/bad and later today I found out that i didn't saved 1 folder that was very important. By very important i mean VERY VERY IMPORTANT folder. My question is: Is there any way that i can get it back? I don't...
  7. Folder lost

Folder lost: Hi, I opened 2 file explorer windows let's called it A & B. From A, I cut some pictures and click B and paste it in a new folder there. I went back to A and click undo twice. The new folder with the newly pasted pictures were all gone. Anyone can advice how do I get back...
  8. Lost Folder

Lost Folder: I have lost a couple of folders and cannot trace what happened. In Word, I can see the docs that have been created but when I click to open I get the message "Directory not found" or something to that effect. Is there any way of retrieving? If I reset the computer to an...
  9. Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Folder: How do I recover a Folder that disappeared from my Desk Top?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-folder/c9f944f5-52de-494a-a7be-e7340b6e0ee5
  10. "Lost" Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lost" Folder: I have "lost" my Notepad folder. Each time I try just have folder title with blank white screen. Have feeling that I somehow moved it off the Desktop. Appreciate assistance please. Must be using search facility incorrectly as cannot find answer*Redface rgds. 133436