Windows 10: Another Microsoft Mail App issue

Discus and support Another Microsoft Mail App issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 3 updated to Windows 10 on July 29th and worked pretty well. I'd been using the standard Windows Mail app with 8.1 and continued with it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CrunchyDoodle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Another Microsoft Mail App issue

My Surface Pro 3 updated to Windows 10 on July 29th and worked pretty well. I'd been using the standard Windows Mail app with 8.1 and continued with it in the new Windows 10 until yesterday. At first it would launch and show some of what I've gotten used to, and would then freeze. After manually performing an update, it doesn't get that far. Now it just gives me the blue splash screen with the white envelop and that's it. I can only dismiss it.

What is wonderfully weird is that I keeps processing and showing notifications that I've received new e-mail. I just can't read them because the Mail app is freezing at its splash screen.

I did run sfc /scannow with no problems reported.

I can use EDGE to get my Hotmail and gmail. I prefer the simple ease of the standard Mail app. How can I get it back working?

Thanks,
    Bye.

:)

CrunchyDoodle, Aug 6, 2015

2. Mail Problem

i use another mail app , and i have no issue . i hope Microsoft will fix this .

leopard_jumps, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Issue with Microsoft Mail App

Hi Community,

I face the same issue as Ian Canada did two years ago.

see thread: Windows 10 Mail App settings location???

I run the latest insider build and the issue is there since Insider Preview Build from October 2017 (I don't remember the build number then)

I uninstalled the App from through Powershell and again tried to fix the error with the proposed methods but with no success.

Now I wonder if there is somebody out there who has an idea how to fix the mail app. I too believe there are some settings wich are recovered as soon as the app is installed. The question is where those data/settings stored within the filesystem. I really
    need to get rid of them.

on another system the mail app with my mail account is working fine. Also if I create another account on my Notebook and add the mail-account to the mail app it works fine. This tells me something faulty is recovered as soon as I reinstall the mail app.

Ah, yes.... before I forget: Outlook is working fine. So my issue only ocurrs on the Mail App.

I really appreciate your help in this topic.

Thanks to you in advance.

Regards

Simon

SimonHösli, Aug 6, 2015
  4. remarkrp Win User

Another Microsoft Mail App issue

I'm having the same problem. Installed W10 July 30, loved the mail app, it no longer works. It comes up then freezes. I mouse-click all over the screen - absolutely no response from it. All I can do is close it. Oh, and by the way, task manager shows 0 CPU activity.

remarkrp, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Yes, that's what I'm experiencing. For me, the problem is only with the Mail client app. In the background, my Surface Pro 3 is happily getting the mail and popping up with notifications as it should - I just can't look at the mail with the Mail client app.

Bye.

CrunchyDoodle, Aug 7, 2015
  6. remarkrp Win User
    Problem appears to have come from Windows updates installed Aug. 6. Used the mail app on W10 for a few days and loved it. Fri. Aug. 7 I noticed it was no longer working.

remarkrp, Aug 7, 2015
  7. does anyone know Microsoft Support #

njnitehawk, Aug 7, 2015
  8. remarkrp Win User

The number I have for Microsoft support is 800-642-7676. But you need to have an account with them or they won't help you. My neighbor has an account, $150/yr. He gave me that number. I'm not ready to spend $150 for MS to fix an app that doesn't work and I didn't break it.

remarkrp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Microsoft Mail App issue - Similar Threads - Another Microsoft Mail

2. MAIL APP ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAIL APP ISSUE: I click on Accounts in my Mail app, then on Manage accounts, then on Add account but no pop-up menu shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-issue/03665343-523d-4643-93a7-ccadefc8f536
  3. mail app issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app issue: hello i am unable to add g mail account in windows accounts option and also from windows mail i tried many ways which your team had advised to earlier customers but no one worked for me i also want to add that my device also has been installed with antivirus please...
  4. Issues with Mail App

Issues with Mail App: I was using the mail app and it was working fine up to a couple of days ago. Now my sent mail doesnt show up when i look for it in sent items and a couple of days i found a bunch of mails that i had thought were sent were actually lying in my outbox. I have reset the app a...
  5. Issue with mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with mail app: I can't login with my Office 365 account. It gets stuck in this screen. This didn't happen on my laptop, where it worked perfectly. submitted by /u/KanonEvans [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g513g7/issue_with_mail_app/
  6. Mail app issue

Mail app issue: I am getting this error message when using Microsoft Mail app to access Gmail. We couldn’t access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device. How do I fix this?...
  7. Microsoft Mail App and Shared Experiences Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Mail App and Shared Experiences Issue: Greetings. I received a notification, telling me that one of my Microsoft accounts needed "fixing" in the Shared Experiences section of the Settings app. When I attempt to use the "Fix Now" button, a pop-up window appears as it has done in the past and I see the revolving...
  8. Issues with the Mail App?

Issues with the Mail App?: Hi! Within the past hour, I have tried to use the Mail app. The links from within the mail app aren't working. It gives me the prompt "Unable to Open [link}" I have uninstalled it, deleted my accounts, checked windows firewall and none of it worked. What do I do? All of...
  9. Mail app issue

Mail app issue: I keep receiving the following message from my Mail app: This setting can't be applied to any of your accounts.This occurs when I am trying to enable Focused Inbox. But I have it enabled on the web interface. I have an account on Outlook.com, Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, OS...
  10. Mail app issue

Mail app issue: Mail app isn't allowing me to update password or even remove account. I can click edit settings all day long and get nothing. don't want to reinstall over mail app...