Windows 10: Another new or old? multi-display issue

Discus and support Another new or old? multi-display issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have always run a two-monitor, extended desktop, setup. "1" has always been my TV for movies and games, while "2" has been a performance monitor for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChadKameda, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Another new or old? multi-display issue

I have always run a two-monitor, extended desktop, setup. "1" has always been my TV for movies and games, while "2" has been a performance monitor for graphics editing and has the taskbar. I could turn both off and on without issue, and everything would stay in place, including the taskbar and any open windows or programs.

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and my functionality remained the same.

I updated to 1909... Now if I turn off "1" and "2", everything jumps to "1" in 30 seconds flat, repeatable without fail. All my windows and programs and even the taskbar all jump to "1".

What I have done so far:

Updated all Win10 Security Updates and the AMD Graphics Driver.

Opened Device Manager and uninstalled all the hidden "Generic PnP Monitors".

Opened RegEdit and cleared Local Machine -> System -> Control -> Graphics Drivers, Configuration; Connectivity; ScaleFactors.

Noticed that my TV becomes "disconnected" when powered off, and the system generates a regkey profile for just "2" without "1".

~ The issue persists.

Please advise me on what to do or try next.

:)

ChadKameda, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Display Issue with new update

Hi Fletcher,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would lie to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Another new or old? multi-display issue

Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

Thank You Archie123.

I've tried changing my gpu scaling as per your suggestion. I've tried all different options available (see image attached), and unfortunately it did not work.

It was working with Windows 7 before... it only started after the upgrade to Win 10 the issue with the extended monitor...

Thanks!

Another new or old? multi-display issue [​IMG]

ricogabrielli, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Another new or old? multi-display issue

1. Another new or old? multi-display issue - Similar Threads - Another old multi

2. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  3. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  4. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  6. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  7. multi displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi displays: I have a graphics card that will take 3 monitos, with the latest drivers installed. Has 2 HDMI 1 Display Port. Main monitor is in display port, 1 other monitor is of course in the HDMI port.. The problem is when I connect the 3rd monitor to the other HDMI port Win 10 goes...
  8. Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.

Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.: I'm having an issue with my displays and the way programs are opening on them. I am using two displays: - Dell 24" LED Monitor (SE2416) | Resolution 1920 x 1080 - LG 50" 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV Both Which are connected to my graphics card via HDMI 2.1 cables. My Dell...
  9. Multi-displays

Multi-displays: How can I keep my computer monitor displaying computer matters, while having the HDMI monitor feed showing other programming like movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-displays/0d1a2b0d-3fee-4d06-bd7c-83194f232c1e
  10. Multi-Display Issues with opening programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-Display Issues with opening programs: I have absolutely no idea how to explain this any simpler but here goes nothing. I have a two monitor setup with my primary monitor used strictly for gaming or music production. On my secondary monitor I like to do everything else such as web browsing, graphic design, etc....