Windows 10: Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

Discus and support Another "no internet access with default switch" thread in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having. My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by justjeffindc, May 11, 2019.

1. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having.

My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I've been running a VM using Hyper-V for some months now. It runs Windows 10 1709 and uses the default switch. No problems at all.

I tried creating an Ubuntu 18.04.2 VM just to play around with it, using the Quick Create feature. I used all default settings, as plain vanilla a setup as possible. No problems accessing the internet. After playing with Ubuntu for a bit I shut it down and deleted that VM.

Now I'm back to the one VM setup (still Win 10) and decide to try another one, this running Windows 10 Pro 1809. Again I used the default switch, but this time I have no internet access through this VM and nothing I try seems to fix this.

I've tried shutting down the first VM, deleting and reinstalling the second, all to no avail. Internet access on the host and the first VM seem to be completely unaffected, I just can't get the second Windows VM connected like I did the Ubuntu machine when I had it up.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

:)

justjeffindc, May 11, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Cortana switched to Internet Explorer

Hi,

When you say “tried uninstalling Internet Explorer”, how exactly you tried uninstalling it?

For your information, I like to share that Internet Explorer is an inbuilt browser in Windows operating system and you cannot uninstall it.

To check the Windows build, I suggest you to follow the step below.

• Press Windows key + R key, type winver and press
      Enter key.

Also, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default in the Search bar and select
      Default Programs from the list of search result.

• Find and click on Reset option at the bottom of the page.

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Mohan B P, May 11, 2019
  3. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread :) Thanks

jareinertson, May 11, 2019
  4. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

1. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread - Similar Threads - Another internet access

2. Another VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D thread

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D thread: HelloI've seen a number of these threads. Can I ask for some help regarding this, as well? Tried Malwarebytes, Defender offline scan and ESET full scan, and nothing fixed it.Here is the FRST.txt:...
  3. Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V "Default Switch" No Internet with Security Baseline: Hi,I am managing devices with Intune and doing testing of the Microsoft Security Baseline being applied to Windows 10 devices. Functionality has been fine with the Security Baseline except for Virtual Machines running in Hyper-V and using the "Default Switch" do not get...
  4. a program that can block internet access of another software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a program that can block internet access of another software?: window firewall is no go for me, it blue screen randomly once every 1-2 days due to wifi issue and spent days trying out 4 different wifi cards and 4-5 drivers over a span of half year with no improvement. need a software that can block internet access for current process or...
  5. Another crash thread

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another crash thread: Okay, so, the main problem is, while I'm playing, for example, The Witcher 3, I sometimes get a black screen in the middle of gaming. Monitor goes to power saving mode and I can hear the buzzing noise coming from my speakers sometimes, or the audio just continues to play but...
  6. Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v default switch (NAT), no internet network: Hi all, I have a problem with my hyper-v default virtual switch. If I want to have an internet access on my Hyper-v win 10 virtual machine, i have to start (once) windows sandbox (workaround). After windows sandbox is started, new NIC is created in my win 10 virtual machine...
  7. Block apps from accessing internet by default...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block apps from accessing internet by default...: Good day guys, I have decided to use my computer with Windows Defender as the security solution. I would like to keep my system as lean and lightweight, as is possible. But Windows Firewall is little complicated. And given that I am from a non-technical background, I don't...
  8. switching to another Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    switching to another Family: how do I leave my current Family (I am primary child account) and join my parent's Family group? I don't see an option after I click "got it" after they tell me I need to leave my current family....
  9. Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch: Anyone using PIA and have the Kill Switch enabled? They gave me a pop "dire" warning when I went to enable it: VPN Kill SwitchPlease only enable VPN Kill Switch if you really need it. The Kill Switch requires modifying the Operating System's network settings and can in rare...
  10. Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION thread: Hi all, I continually get BSOD with this error, with no consistent way to reproduce it. After some investigation, I tried updating all drivers with Driver Easy, confirmed that SSD firmware is up to date, and did a memory test. The output of DM Log collector is attached....