Windows 10: Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue

Discus and support Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A brief foreword to mention that to 'regular' folk I seem like a computer marvel, but in reality this is an inaccurate assessment of my understanding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Don_Tiny, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue

A brief foreword to mention that to 'regular' folk I seem like a computer marvel, but in reality this is an inaccurate assessment of my understanding and ability imo. I'm not a dullard, but ... well, you get the point.

I'll just bulletpoint a few things for the sake of brevity, and will be more than pleased to expand on it should anyone do me the kind favor of inquiring about it:

• Windows 10 Home - digital upgrade from 7 during the free upgrade period - I therefore have no 'installation disc' ... I believe I have the license # though

• Nothing unusual preceded the message ... just a normal 'restart'

• I attempted to boot two other ways: (a) Macrium Win 10 RE CD; and, (b) Windows RE via USB

• For the sake of completeness, I used the BIOS to re-order boot medium priority (SDD / USB / Optical in each possible combination) to no avail

I hope that gives enough of a framework with which to offer an informed reply, and I thank those that do in advance for doing so.

One last thing in case this is the tip that the reader may be ready to offer -- my understanding is that utilizing the Media Creation Tool is theoretically an option to mend the issue.

At present, I am at work and while I can d/l the .exe, opening it has failed after several attempts.

I get the feeling that folks in IT wouldn't find my doing this particularly kosher - and we also still work with the Windows 7 OS, so perhaps (??) that is also playing a part in preventing the Media Creation .exe from working properly - I wouldn't think so, but I wanted to include that in case it's part of the problem.

Thanks kindly for reading and, hopefully, replying!

submitted by /u/Don_Tiny
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Don_Tiny, Jan 23, 2020

2. how repair bootmgr win10 (2 day worked....)

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are unable to boot into computer, while booting you are getting the error message bootmgr is missing.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the below link and check if it helps.

Windows Error message "Bootmgr is missing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2622803?wa=wsignin1.0

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Gusgf Win User

Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue

1. Another Person With A 'Win10 Bootmgr' Issue - Similar Threads - Another Person 'Win10

2. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  3. Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name of Personal Vault in cyrillic in Win10/11-- an issue?: Sirs, Some years ago I noticed that the name of folder Personal Vault in OneDrive both on my desktop PC then Win10Pro, US-eng and a laptop Win10home; US-eng was in cyrillic letters; the properties said the folder’s location is “the Internet”. When I could not remove that...
  4. BOOTMGR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOOTMGR: I accidentally installed windows Vista yesterday in a different hard drive in my laptop, and now i tired to to this in diskpart. "select vol E" and "active", now i made my main hard drive active and after my laptop restarted, BOOTMGR is missing... Maybe.... Is it corrupted??...
  5. BOOTMGR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOOTMGR: I accidentally installed windows Vista yesterday in a different hard drive in my laptop, and now i tired to to this in diskpart. "select vol E" and "active", now i made my main hard drive active and after my laptop restarted, BOOTMGR is missing... Maybe.... Is it corrupted??...
  6. Stuck on a bootmgr issue, help needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on a bootmgr issue, help needed: This is the premise of what happened. I tried to free up some space from volume D to C but couldn't extend using disk Management. So I used ease us partition manager to free up space from D which got stuck at 95 % for some time. I closed it with task manager. I opened...
  7. Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue: Hello everyone. I recently updated my laptop. After the update installed, I restarted the machine. First boot after the update and the issues begin. A blank Personalized Settings window appears in front of a black screen. A fee seconds later, the window goes...
  8. BOOTMGR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOOTMGR: Help to BOOTMGR (win 10 Home) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootmgr/9d0b8673-ef72-4edc-8407-aa9bad159196
  9. bootmgr

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr: I downloaded the anniversary update for Windows 10. Get error message bootmgr missing. I have tried the various repairs including using the command prompt. Nothing works. Is there anywhere I can obtain a complete copy of the Windows 10 pro 64 bit bootmgr file and...
  10. Cloned Win10 drive to ssd, bootmgr missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned Win10 drive to ssd, bootmgr missing: I used TrueImage 15 to clone and shrink my win10 load to a new SSD. Original drive was a 1tb with 120g used in a 900g partition. I had TI clone and shrink that to the 240g SSD. However, the bootmgr was left behind. I used EasyBCD 2.2 to put the bootmgr back but now it seems...