Windows 10: Another Update Fail or What?

Discus and support Another Update Fail or What? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two nights ago(Friday, August 16, 2019), Windows 10 "updated" and over a gigabyte of media, files, and programs quite simply disappeared. Where did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter#&, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Peter#& Win User

Another Update Fail or What?

Two nights ago(Friday, August 16, 2019), Windows 10 "updated" and over a gigabyte of media, files, and programs quite simply disappeared. Where did they go, how did this happen, and why did this happen? Is there some kind of hidden folder to which they've been temporarily and inexplicably moved? I sure hope so.

:)

Peter#&, Aug 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 18, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 18, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Another Update Fail or What? - Similar Threads - Another Update Fail

2. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what: My version of Windows 10 has failed to update every day since July. I get this error: One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then...
  3. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what: My version of Windows 10 has failed to update every day since July. I get this error: One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then...
  4. Windows Update fails /troubleshooter fails now what

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Yet again... another failed update! 1803 - 1903!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet again... another failed update! 1803 - 1903!: I have 4 different PCs, 2 notebooks and 2 desktops so far the Windows 10 1903 upgrade has failed to install on any of them. The worst problem was with the newest on an Asus TUFF gaming notebook, 1903 upgrade attempts sent it into the dreaded "Windows upgrade install failed,...
  6. Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?

Failing Win10 update, how to obtain info on WHAT is failing?: Hi all! Every time Windows 10 Home decides it is time for a forced upgrade of my OS (currently on the 1709 version) I have the same nightmare. The upgrade eventually fails with the message that some windows component is not compatible. After a lot of work last year I managed...
  7. Another Creators Update Failed Person

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Creators Update Failed Person: I tried using creators update through windows update assistant= FAIL a) can't remember what happened I tried updating using media creation tool on USB= FAIL a) It installs to 100% says computer will restart but then it exits program and says "Windows Installation Failed"...
  8. What to do about Failed Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do about Failed Updates?: Hi all May sound like a dumb question, but here goes: We occasionally see in Installed Update History "Failed to install on ‎(Date - Error code)". I've never done anything about this in all the years I've been using Windows let alone Windows 10. Other updates have...
  9. Failed download or another problem?

Failed download or another problem?: My Upgrade to Windows 10 seems to fail at each attempt, please see the screenshot below. I have not received a notification re W10 so do not know if the failures shown relate to the actual downloading of W10 or, if it has been downloaded in the background if it relates to...
  10. Another failed message

Another failed message: In windows update i have on 3 occasions over 2 days where it says upgrade failed. got me puzzled. i have all the updates 12358