Windows 10: Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

Discus and support Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here we go again! I receive another forced update sent from Microsoft now my computer ****p, mouse not working properly, visual distortions in display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeMansolino, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

Here we go again! I receive another forced update sent from Microsoft now my computer ****p, mouse not working properly, visual distortions in display, etc. I tried to roll back the update and now the work files are missing that I need. The big question is, how do I stop the **** scumbaqs at Microsoft from continually **** up my computer on a weekly basis? Why can't the **** idiots at Microsoft let me enjoy 1 month of operation without having to fight to regain files and fix problems that they create? The **** scumbags at Microsoft have cost me countless of frustrating work hours having to fight through issues that should not **** be there in a computer I have owned for only four months now. When will you **** stop the scumbag **** you are pulling on people who have spent a lot of money purchasing your **** products in good faith. Low life cheating **** scumbags!!! Moving to Apple, **** Microsoft and every **** scumbag who works there!

:)

MikeMansolino, Jan 12, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

Anyone use Microsoft Update on XP SP3 in the last few days?

90% sure Microsoft got it fixed. Microsoft Update is working again. *Big Grin Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with... :D

Edit: 100% sure it is fixed. Installing Windows Genuine Advantage previously forced Windows Update to Microsoft Update which was broke. I just had a computer run it and subsequently get updates from Microsoft Update without problems.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

1. Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with... - Similar Threads - Another update sent

2. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  3. this file is from another computer.....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this file is from another computer.....: I have this problem, when I check the properties of most of the files on my pc, this message appears at the bottom: "this file is from another computer and could be locked to help protect this computer", I don't want my files to be damage or worse, get lost, please hope...
  4. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  5. transfer Microsoft jigsaw gold from another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer Microsoft jigsaw gold from another computer: I bought a new computer. I have a lot of jigsaw gold on my old computer. I wish to transfer the gold to the new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-microsoft-jigsaw-gold-from-another/d8c8c6c9-78ca-4d6e-8949-556d6f5596b8
  6. Installing Windows Update from Another Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows Update from Another Computer: Hi everyone, I recently had to reset my laptop and this caused it to be wiped to 1607 Windows 10. I don't have the data as of now (I'm travelling constantly - so no WiFi) to download the latest version but I do have another PC with the latest installed. I looked for ways...
  7. Another call from "Microsoft"

in Windows 10 Support
    Another call from "Microsoft": I just had another international call from "Microsoft" who were concerned that my computer had been "hacked". After some time waiting for my laptop to start up the scammer asked me to press windows+R keys and asked what had changed on the screen. My reply "nothing". Then...
  8. Another day, another Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another day, another Stop Code: BSOD's everyday either in Chrome or Rise of the Tomb Raider. Not sure what part is causing the problem. Removing the 780 Ti GFX card still repro's the problem. Ran Windows 10 memory tester once, no problems. My build: cpu: i7-6700K gpu: asus GTX 780 Ti ram: 2x4GB...
  9. Another try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another try: I have tried 10 a couple of times when the upgrade was free but it was so buggy and the privacy issues did worry me and on one machine the whole thing just froze. Now I am wondering if I am too late to install 7 onto a new drive and then upgrade for free? Edit I am...
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...