Windows 10: Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission

Discus and support Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So while I was working from home, my phone alerts me about an email from Microsoft stating that an account has been created in via my email. I get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Devin Aire 7, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission

So while I was working from home, my phone alerts me about an email from Microsoft stating that an account has been created in via my email. I get a verification PIN but I do nothing with it due to my job. Next I received another email stating that the account name has been changed.

Your Microsoft account has been renamed. We just wanted to check with you that it's okay.
    - Old account name: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    - New account name: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

If this is correct, you don't need to do anything.

If this is incorrect, please follow these steps:
    1. Reset your password by going to https://account.live.com/passw
    2. Rename your account by going to https://account.live.com/

Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

So instead of following the link, I manually typed in the information. Taco Joe's account will ask for a password but if I put in my email then it doesn't show an account. I tried to contact Microsoft via chat but...

All I was asked was to wait for a person who never showed up on the chat.

So Microsoft never resolved my question!

I'm starting to get emails for the account that was created using an email account that I own that I never gave permission to use. I don't even know who Taco Joe is. Good thing is, the account they used isn't my actual Microsoft/XBOX email.

Question is: **** do I need to do Microsoft?

:)

Devin Aire 7, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

3. Change email address without creating a New User Account

Hello Jordan,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to change your email address without creating a New User Account and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start/> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account

• On the right pane click Manage my Microsoft account, which will take you to online.

• Select Your info from top menu, then click on Manage your sign-in email or phone number. Enter your email account password, when it prompts to do and click Sign-in

• Again it will ask you to verify your Identity through Alternative email address or by
      Phone verification, which will send you a authentication code accordingly.

• Once you enter the verification code push Submit, then click
      Set it up later when it ask for device setup.

• Under Account aliases, click Add email and choose the email either through
      Create a new email address or Add a existing email address, then click
      Add alias

• On completing this, click on Make primary next to the desired email address to make it primary alias.
    You're done with change your email address. Reboot your PC for changes to take place. This procedure won't change or wipe your personal files or settings, instead it will change your email address. Going forward you will be communicated and alerts
    will be sent to new email address. If you want to remove the old email address, then you can do the same by clicking on Remove without any issues.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Nov 24, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission

1. Another user created a Microsoft account using my email address without my permission - Similar Threads - Another user created

2. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  3. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  4. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally Created another user account with the same email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accidentally Created another user account with the same email: Hi, so I was trying to install a program that wouldnt run due to certain account settings I had in place. To get around this I created another family user to download the program on that account and then have access to it. unfortunately I created the second account using the...
  6. Work address being used by Microsoft.com account - without permission

Work address being used by Microsoft.com account - without permission: One of our shared mailboxes received an email that "Your Microsoft account has been renamed. We just wanted to check with you that it's okay." and another saying "Your Password Changed". The problem is, we don't use microsoft.com accounts where I work, so apparently someone...
  7. how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias: how to change my Microsoft account email address without using an alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-microsoft-account-email-address/b2375b27-d344-4043-8662-b577f96cffeb"
  8. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...
  10. Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can One Create User without creating a Email account?: I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to create one without the invasion. 70463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your Microsoft account has been renamed. We just wanted to check with you that its okay.