Windows 10: another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here

Discus and support another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nambi-1999, Nov 5, 2020.

1. another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here

another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here

:)

nambi-1999, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. I understand that you receive an error, “Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here." when trying to link local account to Microsoft account. I’ll
    certainly help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type lusrmgr.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, double click on Users on the left pane.
    4. Look for any user with similar Microsoft account that you are trying to add. If you find any user, right click on it and select
      Delete.
    5. Confirm the prompts if any.

You can also try removing the user using Command Prompt. Refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Before removing the account, if there is any data in the user account, please take a backup of the data.

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type net user to get the list of users on the computer.
    4. Locate the user that you want to remove. Type
      net user {username} /delete

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 5, 2020
  3. johnpd Win User
    Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here - Similar Threads - another user device

2. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...: I tried logging in again after logging out of my account in Windows settings. However, instead I received the following information. Even though there are no other users on this device. How to fix this problem?...
  3. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...: I tried logging in again after logging out of my account in Windows settings. However, instead I received the following information. Even though there are no other users on this device. How to fix this problem?...
  4. Can't add another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add another Microsoft account: Every time i am trying to sign in with another Microsoft account in settings, it just glitches out and does nothing. i tried restarting my laptop and also shutting down but it didn't work at all....
  5. Can't add another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add another Microsoft account: Every time i am trying to sign in with another Microsoft account in settings, it just glitches out and does nothing. i tried restarting my laptop and also shutting down but it didn't work at all....
  6. Can't add another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  8. Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...: Hi guys, So been trying to resolve this issue for a little while but I'm now at a complete loss. I re-built my computer not that long ago and had to re-purchase windows. At the moment all that I have on the machine is a single local administrator account. I have no...
  9. Bug: Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here: I am unable to connect a microsoft account to a local account on a windows 10 PC. Any help to get around this problem would be appreciated. Windows Version: WIndows 10 Home Context: Local account was created and is working fine. Now trying to use option to 'Sign in with a...
  10. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can’t add it here

in Windows 10 News
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can’t add it here: [ATTACH] Issues with conflicting programs and accounts in Windows systems are not new. It’s a known fact that if applications (eg. Microsoft Office) are not completely removed from the system, it gives an error while trying to install it again. Many [...] This post Another...