Windows 10: Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting

Discus and support Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So I recently updated my computer to 20H2 (W10 Pro 19042.630). Also, I removed the video card (GTX 670) and blew out dust from inside the case.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elessar25, Nov 24, 2020.

1. elessar25 Win User

Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting

Hello,

So I recently updated my computer to 20H2 (W10 Pro 19042.630). Also, I removed the video card (GTX 670) and blew out dust from inside the case. Long story short. What's not happening is that when I login to any account, that account loads just fine. But when I attempt to switch to another account, the taskbar doesn't load, and apps/start menu don't load either. I have to restart the computer. Then that user account will work fine. But then the next user account, the same thing will happen. And round and round it goes.

I did SFC and DISM. Didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

:)

elessar25, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Taskbar - Search Icon does not work, Start Menu missing, Right click does not work, no "Taskbar and Start Menu" in control panel

Hi,

Here are the possible causes why Taskbar and Start menu don't work:

• Corrupted user profile
    • Corrupted or missing system files

Since running SFC didn't resolve the issue, we suggest creating a new user account
    to recreate your Taskbar and Start menu.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Nov 24, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Start Menu, taskbar broke Build 10586

Hi, one test and resolution that is suggested for this quite common situation is exactly what you have done- create another user account.

Since you have just installed Win 10, frankly the easiest option would be to delete the original user, if there's no reason why not.

Feel free to search this forum for the many threads on
    Start menu taskbar
    Start menu not responding
    Taskbar not responding
    etc

Here are a few:
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 10 Start Menu stop working - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Recent update: Start menu not working, taskbar icons/clock/volume gone - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Janothin Win User

Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half way along with the taskbar settings not sticking.

Any suggestions will be great!

Janothin, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Another User: Taskbar Empty, Apps/Start Menu Not Starting - Similar Threads - Another User Taskbar

2. Windows 11 - No Start Menu, No Full Settings Menu, Empty Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - No Start Menu, No Full Settings Menu, Empty Taskbar: My boot drive repaired itself and now i have an empty taskbar. I also need to sign-in through a cmd prompt, not the normal log-in. I'll provide any info requested....
  3. Windows 11 - No Start Menu, No Full Settings Menu, Empty Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - No Start Menu, No Full Settings Menu, Empty Taskbar: My boot drive repaired itself and now i have an empty taskbar. I also need to sign-in through a cmd prompt, not the normal log-in. I'll provide any info requested....
  4. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  5. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  6. Start Menu is completely empty.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu is completely empty.: For a while now my start menu has been completely empty I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything. I also tried restarting windows explorer and I tried restarting my laptop ALOT. The Task Menu is fine and nothing is wrong with it, the only problem is that the...
  7. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  8. Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working: I have recently built a PC for gaming and it has been working for a month perfectly fine, but about a week ago, I have started to get the error critical_process_died frequently, and a few days ago, the taskbar stop showing apps and the start menu stopped working, it also...
  9. Windows start menu is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start menu is empty: Some time ago I suddenly lost all menu tiles. I can create new tiles but all previous tiles are gone. I've created new ones for the programs I frequently use but nothing for those programs I seldom use. Does anyone know what caused this? Years ago before I retired I seem to...
  10. Empty menu start

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty menu start: Hello, since I remember i had problem with menu start on W10 - before format and now. after format I didn't seen problem untill i istalled uTorrent. I uninstalled it, restarted PC and it still looks like that. That's how it looks: [img] Unfortunately i forgot to set...