Windows 10: Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

Discus and support Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At work we we have active directory controlling user's logons. I am one of our IT guys. I have a user that when they log in someone else files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert_F43, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

At work we we have active directory controlling user's logons. I am one of our IT guys. I have a user that when they log in someone else files and data are showing up. It says he is the one logged in but it is the other users data(desktop, shortcuts, everything) any idea on how to fix this? There are about 6 to 8 people who use this computer so I don't want to wipe it out unless there is no other way.

I am not sure if the is a Active Directory issue. I have never seen this happen before.

Thanks.

:)

Robert_F43, Jun 12, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc. partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

1. Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc. - Similar Threads - Another user's data

2. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer: I turn on my computer and there use to be 4 accounts that showed up. Now it doesn't show any and I can only access the main account. I was using my other account a couple days ago and now I cannot see them. Please help...
  3. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  4. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  5. Log-on window for business & school users doesn't show up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Log-on window for business & school users doesn't show up: Every time I try to log on to the Microsoft store with my school account, all I see is this grey box that shows up for a moment, then closes. I think it's trying to open the login window and failing, but I'm not sure. Please help if you can, thanks! [ATTACH]...
  6. I lost all my data after logging in another user.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost all my data after logging in another user.: I wanted to download some games from my Microsoft store so I logged in another user. When I tried to log back in everything was gone from my main account. I still have steam and my old background but that’s it. Any help? submitted by /u/DivisonNine [link] [comments]...
  7. when I and icon to one computer in show up in another

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I and icon to one computer in show up in another: When I add short to my desktop on one computer it shows up on another computer. Even though the software for the short is not installed on the other computer....
  8. I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...: So I reset my Windows 10 because my computer was acting up. When it finished resetting, it took me to the log-in screen. I expected it to ask me to create a new User, but instead there was an ''Other user'' already selected (before this screen i wasn't asked to click or...
  9. app data "fly" to another user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    app data "fly" to another user: Hello, I need ideas to solve a situation I had when creating a new user without microsoft account. When doing this some errors happened but after reenacting created the new user, the problem is that when creating the new user passed the folder app date and others of the old...
  10. Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.: Dear all, I have three user accounts (one admin and two normal) on my system (Windows 10 pro 64, 1709). I am using two of them regularly. For the past months, I have been running into messages saying that another user is logged in when I try to restart or shutdown, even...