Windows 10: Another users is using this account

Discus and support Another users is using this account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plankton1991, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Another users is using this account

Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to settings>click sign in under rewards>login to my microsoft account even though my account is a local account , the authenticator pops up I okay it than it asks for my microsoft password I enter it says another user is using this account on this device so I didn,t see any users in the registry location

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\

:)

Plankton1991, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Another users is using this account

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Another users is using this account

1. Another users is using this account - Similar Threads - Another users using

2. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ': First of all I had this wierd program that i couldn't locate nor delete. I therefore tried to delete it from regedit, however it just automatically closed and so i researched and wrote a command in the cmd and restarted. I noticed that i couldnt sign in my accountIt wasnt...
  3. Copy user unknown account to another user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy user unknown account to another user.: Hello, I need a way to copy or merge an unknown account user with another user account. This issue arose when I disconnected my work or school account under the settings - accounts - access work or school. I was having issues as the Azure account was limiting some control...
  4. Cannot log in with another user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with another user account: I am having the same issue as here. I have reset a laptop with Windows Home 10 v1909 and cannot get it to log in with another user account. I am able to add a Work Microsoft account but I am unable to log in with it. I have to log in with my hotmail account. I have tried the...
  5. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  6. Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Microsoft account to link to USER due to "another use already uses this account": I tried to link my laptop's user there is only one user to my Microsoft account. Yet when I try to do so a message pops up saying that another user is already using this account on this device. I know for a fact that this is not true because I do not see a device linked to...
  7. Moving an account to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving an account to another user: I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is there a way I can move the windows key on her computer to her windows account after the fact?...
  8. Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account"

Win10 Home - "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account": 64-bit PC running Windows 10 Home. We use Microsoft Family features so linking our User accounts to our Microsoft accounts is critical. My daughter deleted our user accounts and created her own local account. I'm now trying to correct what she did back to the way it was. I...
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  10. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...