Windows 10: Another weird issue with Ryzen

Discus and support Another weird issue with Ryzen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I searched the entered internet but no threads solved my problems, let me explain. It's the old "stuttering with ryzen problem" Yeah,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tommyatlon7, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Another weird issue with Ryzen

Hello everyone,

I searched the entered internet but no threads solved my problems, let me explain. It's the old "stuttering with ryzen problem"
    Yeah, there are thousands of threads with this problems but none of them fixed it for me.

The problem started with my new PC (check my system spec)

Basically, every time i drag a window from chrome or outlook (in particolar) the entire system will stutter.
    Not just that, if i do that while i have a video on YouTube (with tech stats on to see the fps drops) on another windows i can see clearly that I'm loosing FPS while I'm dragging the windows itself.

I tried so many things.
    • Reset the Bios (so i removes the XMP stuff and tried without)
    • Checked the SATA driver, but no. i do not have the old amd driver used for w8, i did a new installation of windows 10 20H2 with latest updates
    • Tried to reinstall video driver with ddu in safe mode
    • tried without chipset driver, then i reinstalled
    • i unplugged every devices from my pc
    • i tried to close every non microsoft application that i can see( even the services)
    • Uninstalled the msi dragon center and other stuff that maybe caused the problem
    • tried the latest beta bios
    • Tried to tight the heatsink on the CPU
    • tried to unplug every power cable from the motherboard
    • Updated every driver
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the network driver

It's really hard to explain to you, i can play a game or doing a SINGLE application really smoothly, without any problem but as soon as I tried to open multiple stuff simultaneously i will get this "stutters". And it's really hard to isolate the problem, because for example with the file explorer that doesn't occurs.

Of course, sometimes (rarely than "visual lag" ) with the visual stutters the sound will stutter too. It's like the prelude of a blu screen but that never appears. To be honest, one time it crashed but it was months ago and the BSOD analyser can't find the dump. sigh.

So..I was thinking that maybe i can "cause" a BSOD so i can analyse the dump, but i tried some intense workload and nothing...still stutters but no bsod. Any ideas for that?

I tried LatencyMon to see what happens and when i move the windows there are usually two process that has an high routine execution time
    • nvlddmkm.sys --related to nvidia driver, but what can i do other then proceed with a clean install of the driver? --> related to that, sometimes i have the dxgkrnl.sys --> also connected with the video driver, being the directx graphics kernel
    • ndis.sys
      -->tried to disable every network devices but nothing seems to change, and as i mentioned before, update every network drivers

To "prove" that it's not just my eyes or something, even YouTube right now will put every videos in 480p in auto mode, and not in the highest quality possibile.
    Of course, if i have turn it on manually it will work perfectly fine, but when i drag the windows and the stutters occurs, YouTube will turn it down again.
    My main use is for college work and of course, browsing the internet and this problems is bothering me a lot. It happens much more often when I have to do with multitasking than playing a game or doing a single application.

I REALLY do not want to reinstall windows...in the past I solved all my problems with this solution but nowadays i have this habit that i want to understand the problem so it can never reappears. But this time I'm loosing the hope actually.
    Of course I did a clean install when i built the new PC. I meant just that i don't want to do that a second time

I dont know, before that i was using my old pc, a 3770 but i NEVER had this problems with the same installed programs. With another computer that i had (sigh its stolen), a 7700K with Z170 Gaming M7, absolutely nothing like that.

The last AMD system that i used was a FX-8350 and i don't remember things like that, even with that kind of CPU.

Do you have some ideas, tests that I can do? All ears.

Thank you.

Thomas

:)

tommyatlon7, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Feb 2, 2021
  4. kruk Win User

Another weird issue with Ryzen

AMD Readies B2 Stepping of the Ryzen "Summit Ridge" Silicon

I'm not apologizing, I'm just reacting to FUD. Please list me 3 major bugs that affect my Ryzen build. I'm dying to know ...

Also, another rumor that denies the stepping has popped up: Ryzen "B2" Stepping a False Rumor (apparently)

kruk, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Another weird issue with Ryzen

1. Another weird issue with Ryzen - Similar Threads - Another weird issue

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  5. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  6. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  7. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  8. Added another account, then weirdness

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added another account, then weirdness: Have a 8.1 laptop that I added an existing W10 MS account to. The computer went thru gyrations similar to all the W10 installs, "HI" adding apps, configuring, etc and then made me verify who I am etc. The background I have on my W10 desktop machine now appears on the W8.1...
  9. Ryzen 1700 OS issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ryzen 1700 OS issues: I have just bought Ryzen 1700. There are issues apparently. Like Balanced profile doesn't really go well with the new features that the processor has...or doesn't utilize them properly. AMD suggested Performance power profile. Also there are problems with HPET? Performance...
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...