Windows 10: Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Discus and support Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AriefSatriyo, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA

CPU : Intel N3350

Windows 10 Home version 1809

OS Build : 17763.195

Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection, however it recently happen again without any change / update to Windows (which is usually the case).

I'm using the laptop as a desktop replacement, thus require it to always-on 24/7 when plug-in (never sleep)

I had try all solution (sans reinstalling Windows) that were posted in other thread of this forum, and NONE of them work.

All drivers are up to date as far as I'm aware of, and Acer doesn't issue any manufacturer specific driver for this laptop model.

Looking forward for any advice that doesn't require reinstalling Windows. Thanks Beforehand Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle :)

:)

AriefSatriyo, Dec 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes after ~5 minutes of inactivity/idle

Hi,

Hoping for some assistance on this, for what appears to be a somewhat common problem.

My issue is extremely similar to
    this issue
    . I would in fact say it is virtually identical.

In summary..

• After ~5 minutes of inactivity, Windows 10 completely freezes
    • It absolutely hangs - it does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input. The
      only thing it responds to is a hard power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
    • It doesn't matter whether music/video is playing - it will freeze provided there is
      5 minutes of inactivity
    • If music is playing, the audio will also freeze.
    • This means provided the computer receives constant input (whether mouse or keyboard), I can use it for almost an indefinite period of time
    • I suspect it is related to a Windows Update/driver
    • There are a small number of other situations which trigger a freeze - appears to be related to installation of software and/or Windows Update
      • Example is after installing VirtualBox, computer will freeze upon opening
      • Whilst attempting to install a Samsung Android driver, it froze in the middle of installation
    As a side issue, I am also unable to shut down, restart or hibernate my computer. Shutting down/restarting/hibernating will result in the screen turning off, but unless I actually hard power off the computer by holding onto the power button, the power light
    will show as on and you can hear the fan constantly running until it is forced off by a hard power off. I believe this is also related to a Windows Update/driver, because it did work previously. Maybe this should have its own separate question post, seeing
    as it is probably a separate issue.

Hardware/Software Summary:

• Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E14 ES1-411-C1WD (purchased ~July 2015)
    • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz

Let me know if any other information is required that may be of assistance.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

illumination10, Dec 26, 2018
  4. MikeG760 Win User

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Windows 10 Freezing when idle for only a few minutes.

Hey everyone,

Currently, I've been dealing with my Windows 10 PC freezing on me after about 5 minutes of being idle. I have to do a reset each time this occurs. It won't freeze while I'm using it but as soon as it's inactive for 5 minutes it locks up.

I've looked into the event viewer and have cleared up most of the issues except for two. I keep seeing Event ID 215 and 370 where the source is the PrintService.

It keeps describing a problem that Installing printer driver MS XPS Document Writer Failed. I don't have a printer connected to this PC and I haven't for the longest time. This is in reference to ID 215

ID 370 keeps complaining that the print spooler failed to regenerate the printer driver information for driver MS XPS Document Writer.

I've already tried disabling sleep and making sure the Hard Disks stay on. I can't seem to pinpoint the problem and it's getting frustrating. Also if I put it to sleep manually and leave it alone I can wake it back up and continue using it until the 5 minutes
    of inactivity occurs.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

-Michael

MikeG760, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

1. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle - Similar Threads - Another freezing minutes

2. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes: Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions? Edit: took a look in event...
  6. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  7. Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle

Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle: Hi guys, My son has a custom built pc running the latest version of window 10 that has been having blue screen errors after about five minutes on idle. The error codes are sometimes different and I can't seem to track the cause down. I've tried disabling various sleep...
  8. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  9. BSOD while Idle for 5-10 minutes

BSOD while Idle for 5-10 minutes: Hey Guys. Thanks for taking the time to review my issue. Ive been having it Nonstop for the last month now. Basically what happens is, I get BSOD errors when my computer is idle after about 5-10 min, pretty consistantly. It doesn't happen after a windows complete...
  10. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes after 5 minutes

2. computer freezes after idle period

3. dell window 10 got freeze after 5 minutes inactivity

4. my laptop freezes if idle for 5 minutes,
  5. computer freezing after idle for 5minutes,
  6. screen freeze after 5 min idle