Windows 10: Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

Discus and support Another Windows 10 slow boot up question in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have an older Dell 725 optiplex that i have upgraded with a newer processor, more memory and a SSD. Last week, it was booting up in less than a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ac1113, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ac1113 Win User

Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

So I have an older Dell 725 optiplex that i have upgraded with a newer processor, more memory and a SSD. Last week, it was booting up in less than a minute. Now it takes more than 10 minutes to boot. I have run sfcscan and have even done a window reset that cleared off all my apps. Still, it takes over 10 minutes to load, even after the rebuild. What is going on with Windows 10? I have tried, turning off and on fast boot to no avail. I have nothing loading at startup. I have run checks on the my hardware as well with no errors. I am at a lost to fix this. It seems like something in the OS is preventing a faster boot. Please help me!! I don't want to continue to wait 10 minutes for boot up.

:)

ac1113, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 19, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Another Windows 10 slow boot up question :mad:

scevism, Dec 19, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Windows 10 slow boot up question - Similar Threads - Another slow boot

2. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  3. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up: HelloI have gaming pc with the this optionCPU: i9 12900kRam: 32 DDR5Storage: Samsung 980pro 1TBGPU: 3060 12GBMotherboard: Zsus z690-eCooling: Kraken water coolingWhy is the bios bootup is 19 sec? the ssd is in the right place.Thank you...
  4. Another Dual Boot Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Dual Boot Question: Diehard w7 user here. My system is 3 year old homebuilt (an Asrock z370 extreme4 with a 500gb Adata sz8200 m2 SSD). The drive is about 65% full and some of my programs (specifically ACT) cant be re-activated so I need to keep the ssd intact. But, I'm forced into installing...
  5. Windows slow in booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slow in booting up: Everything was fine unitl i installed 20H2. When i installed the feature updates my laptop started to take 5-6 minutes in windows welcome screen when i switched it on. Also my disk performance is at 100%.. I don't know if that is my problem. So I decided to reset my...
  6. Slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up: Hi I updated my notebook yesterday to 2004 and it now seems a lot slower to boot up, any one else have this issue and any idea how it can be fixed? I am just running these commands from a post I found on the Microsoft forum dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth...
  7. slow boot up

slow boot up: Hi,i'm facing an issue for about 5 month and its slow boot up of my windows 10 windows fast start up is turned on and i tried to turn it off to see if anything changes but nothing changed and it just got slower now it takes around 3 minutes to boot up while fast start up is...
  8. slow windows boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow windows boot up: about 2 weeks ago my laptop boot up time got slower. it took 20 seconds to start but now it's 3 to 4 minutes. i turned off fast start up but nothing changed except that now there is a blue screen with please wait message on it instead of empty black screen also my graphics...
  9. Boot Up Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Up Question ?: Hello, Trying to re-install W10 from what was, I believe, included in the internal software when I bought this Dell about 2 yrs ago. I was under the impression that there is a full version of W10 in the machine ? No luck. Can't even get to Safe Mode. But, when I...
  10. windows 10 slow boot up

windows 10 slow boot up: Hi all New guy here,butI installed the free windows 10 and when I booted up, I could go to the bathroom, make a sandwich or just look out the window. Talk about SLOW bootup. I tried all the stuff most people talked about but SLOW persisted. Then I read about turning off...