Windows 10: Another Windows 10 Upgrade failure

Discus and support Another Windows 10 Upgrade failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo Laptop, more than meets the min. system requirements for Windows 10. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Have been on the Windows 10 waitlist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mtdydobe, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mtdydobe Win User

Another Windows 10 Upgrade failure

Lenovo Laptop, more than meets the min. system requirements for Windows 10. Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Have been on the Windows 10 waitlist with the icon app thing for months. Get a Windows 7 patch yesterday, the Windows 10 icon goes away. I go to Microsoft download site and pull Windows 10 manually. The tool downloads fine. The Windows 10 upgrade proceeds all the way to the last reboot where I was expecting it to boot into Windows 10. Instead, on the reboot, it announces it is restoring the previous version of Windows. No error message, no nothing. then it reboots and as Windows comes up, blue screen. It goes to Windows repair. After two passes through Windows repair, it boots cleanly to Windows 7 Home Premium. No explanation as to why no Windows 10. ?? any ideas? thanks

:)

mtdydobe, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 keeps dropping Internet connection

This appears to be a systemic widespread problem with the Windows 10 program. If Microsoft does not fix this with an upgrade, Win 10 is a failure. I will give Microsoft another two weeks to upgrade to eliminate this problem before I dump Win10.

AndrewGoldsmith, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Did you do the upgrade online?

My preference was to download an .iso, and use that to perform the upgrade. (Mine was from Win 8.1, which could mount the .iso like a DVD. Win 7 would require a free utility to do that, or creating a USB thumb drive.)

I'm not sure that the offline approach is more reliable, but at least you only have to do the download once.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
  5. mtdydobe Win User
    yes, I did the Windows 7 64 bit upgrade online, it downloaded the media creation tool. I will try your way. It was just curious that the upgrade went all the way up to the last reboot with no hint of problems and just simply announced it was going back tot the previous version of windows.

mtdydobe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Windows 10 Upgrade failure - Similar Threads - Another Upgrade failure

2. Another YourPhone failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another YourPhone failure: As of yesterday YourPhone worked as well as it can, which is usable at best. Today YourPhone stopped connecting to my particular phone and nothing has worked. The Windows 11 computer says it is connected to the phone but the phone says it is not connected to the computer. I...
  3. Another YourPhone failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another YourPhone failure: As of yesterday YourPhone worked as well as it can, which is usable at best. Today YourPhone stopped connecting to my particular phone and nothing has worked. The Windows 11 computer says it is connected to the phone but the phone says it is not connected to the computer. I...
  4. windows 10 upgrade failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 upgrade failure: I am running the 1909 version and the upgrade to 20H2 has been failing for about a year, one a month. Non-feature upgrades install just fine and a feature upgrade from 1904 to 1909 succeeded after the 20H2 failures. The error code is 0xC1900101 I've been ignoring this for a...
  5. Failure upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failure upgrading to windows 10: A few months ago i tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 twice My pc is not very good but its better specs than the minimum threshold to upgrade. I have a pentium j2900 2.41ghz with some intel hd graphics WDDM 1.3 4gb 1333mhz ram and directx 11, its a lenovo...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade failure

Windows 10 Upgrade failure: I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 since 2016 and get WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" every time. some one sugested to delete a file and replace it but that did not work.HELP!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade failure

Windows 10 upgrade failure: I have tried three time without success to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Each time, the computer freezes at 90% in the second reboot stage. - completely frozen and unresponsive. When I reboot manually, I get the error message 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure: Can someone please look at the upgrade log below to see if you can determine the cause of the upgrade (from 1803 to 1903) failure? I tried the following: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net...
  9. windows 10 upgrade failure

windows 10 upgrade failure: I was upgrading my surface pro to version 10 from 8. I purchased and downloaded version 10 from this website and began the installation. After quite a while a screen popped up stating that the laptop would reboot several times during the installation and do not turn off...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failure

Windows 10 upgrade failure: Hi - I had a working PC with Windows 8.1. I set it to download Windows 10 overnight, and the next morning the PC is unresponsive. It seems to have tried to install Windows 10, even though I said only download. Now I can't boot, and get "inaccessible boot device". What is...