Windows 10: Another Windows Defender scam

Discus and support Another Windows Defender scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Received an e-mail today from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" claiming: Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Invoice Number :... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by skeefiez11, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Another Windows Defender scam

Received an e-mail today from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" claiming:

Microsoft Account

Order Confirmation

Invoice Number : WIN48974984-75246

Customer Id : 112621115

Email : xxxxxxxxxx

Phone : +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX

Invoice Date: Feb 04, 2021

Item

Quantity

Total

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall & Network Protection One Year Subscription

$ 299.99

Total $ 299.99

Dear Customer,

If You didn’t make this purchase or if you believe an unauthorized person is attempting to access your Microsoft account Call to our customer care representative +1 877-506-5322 Toll Free.

This Email confirms payment for the Microsoft Defender listed above. You will be each plan period until you cancel by downloading to the Microsoft Defender plan from your PC.

You May contact Microsoft for a full refund within 48 Hrs of a monthly Subscription upgrade or within 72 Hrs after yearly payment. Partial refunds are available where required by law.

Regards

Microsoft team

Phone : 18775065322

============

Obviously I suspected a scam considering Windows Defender is FREE with Win10 so I immediately blocked the address and moved to my junk mail folder and of course did not call any #, but I am troubled that this scam is making the rounds. BTW the only "subscription" I have is MS365.

Thanks

MJ

:)

skeefiez11, Feb 4, 2021

2. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

bettyeharris, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Another Windows Defender scam

Smeed, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Another Windows Defender scam

1. Another Windows Defender scam - Similar Threads - Another Defender scam

2. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  3. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  4. Windows Defender SCAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender SCAM: I just received this email and when I called the number the person tried to get me to go into my windows recovery.. presumably to connect with my system. To: Dear Customer <>Sent: Mon, Feb 14, 2022 10:10 amSubject: Order ConfirmationMicrosoft AccountThank you for using our...
  5. Window Defender Scam

Window Defender Scam: I keep getting these scams. I will spam them but they keep showing up. The email came from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***has a phone number to call 845 253-9966...
  6. Windows Defender Scam

Windows Defender Scam: Received an email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft Defender subscription and billing. Is this a scam? I do not thin I had defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam/af6182eb-dffd-44ab-a8a9-c6cafa68f082
  7. WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM: I know this is a scam, because Windows Defender is free with Windows... but for those out there that have received a newer round of emails "confirming" an order for Windows Defender, its a scam. They didn't even use my name, nor phone number, but did use someone else's....
  8. Window Defender Scam

Window Defender Scam: I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-scam/075e9b61-c73b-4224-a3e3-8675b2794095
  9. Windows Defender Scam

Windows Defender Scam: I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam? [Original Title: window defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam/9dc52844-e33d-4c89-901b-d383b5d529d7"
  10. Another scam... ????

Another scam... ????: Last night I got a red screen and an automated message saying I need to call a number to get this fixed. My screen was locked and I could not get rid of the message. I was not savvy enough to copy the screen. I called the number and was told I had a Microsoft network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8775065322