Windows 10: Another Windows MRT.exe Question:

Discus and support Another Windows MRT.exe Question: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All, Norton keeps recognizing Window's MRT.exe file as possibly malicious; frequency about every 2 weeks or so. The file is located in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyanSilverthorne, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Another Windows MRT.exe Question:

Hello All,

Norton keeps recognizing Window's MRT.exe file as possibly malicious; frequency about every 2 weeks or so. The file is located in the expected folder (C:Windows/System32/MRT.exe. However, when I visit that folder to confirm, I noticed that there are two MRT.exe files located there and I am wondering if possibly one of them is malicious. One seems to have been created when I purchased my laptop and the other more recent; possibly during windows update? Any help here would be great. More details:

1. MRT.exe (This is the one Norton ID's)
      • Created Jan. 29, 2013
      • Modified: July 10, 2018
      • Size: 128 MB (Size on disk: 68.4 MB)

2. MRT-KB890830.exe

• Created: Oct. 11, 2017
      • Modified: June 13, 2018
      • Size: 127 MB (Size on disk: 67.1 MB)

Thank in advance for your help here.

Sincerely,

Me

:)

RyanSilverthorne, Jul 10, 2018

2. MRT scanning tool

Hello

I just have some questions. What would happen if I delete the MRT tool and just keep Windows Defender. Also, for some reason I have stopped receiving MRT updates from Microsoft, I'm only getting Windows Defender definitions. Is that normal? Why did the MRT
    updates stop coming? Also, the MRT found in the Windows 32 folder is extremely huge, what is the normal size for Windows 10 64-bit machines.

During the installation process to Windows 10 (or the recent upgrade) does Windows Firewall always on in the background? When does the Firewall exactly turn on?

Paintyourworld, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Another Windows MRT.exe Question:

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Another Windows MRT.exe Question:

1. Another Windows MRT.exe Question: - Similar Threads - Another MRT exe

2. Mrt related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mrt related: I want to tell that mrt app in my windows runs very smoothly without any problem but when I try to open it and when I try to closing it without opening it it shows you must be logged on as a member of the administrators group to run the mrt tool. Is it a genuine msg from mrt...
  3. MRT related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MRT related: Can you tell me that I recently reset my laptop and it and it is now brand new and all thing is clear but I could not find mrt in my Windows can you tell me that why I cannot find it or I manually download it from Microsoft website....
  4. MRT related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MRT related: Can you tell me that I recently reset my laptop and it and it is now brand new and all thing is clear but I could not find mrt in my Windows can you tell me that why I cannot find it or I manually download it from Microsoft website....
  5. Another question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  6. Another question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another question: How would i download a file iso image for windows 10 for a vm or oracle vm the problem i have is "virtual machine failed to boot that might be caused by missing boot or iso"...
  7. windows mrt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows mrt: hello, so i ran the mrt and saw the results, i clicked detailed results and found this out so the question is, that all of this are malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-mrt/6c3a0726-c6bc-4154-8774-6f663db465ae
  8. another question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    another question: i have also another question, i frienquently have blue screens that crash my computer, how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-question/e3bf001e-011f-4d4b-9be3-08255afeb101
  9. Vista>MRT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vista>MRT: When I tried to run Microsoft's MRT, it said that it didn't support this operating system. It was automatically installed. Is there another, newer MRT tool from Microsoft?...
  10. msrt (mrt)

in Windows 10 Support
    msrt (mrt): How can I tell if I have the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" installed? 62820