Windows 10: ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10

Discus and support ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Evening All, If you have found this thread then much like me you must be a real fan of the classic Microsoft Studios game Freelancer! But at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephanie Salonga, Jan 18, 2020.

1. ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10

Good Evening All,

If you have found this thread then much like me you must be a real fan of the classic Microsoft Studios game Freelancer!

But at the same time have had no end of issues trying to find a fix to get our beloved game working on Windows 10.

At the time of writing this I am running Windows 10 Professional Build 1909 18363.592 x64-bit

So without boring you with details that you have probably already done yourselves. Going through multiple questions, discussions, pages trying reinstalling, reg fixes and the likes I found a straight forward method simply by chance.

https://the-starport.net/freelancer/download/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=2649 - Downloads the freelancer.exe application that bypasses the CD requirement for the game.

All I've done is install the game via the CD, Downloaded the small .exe which is only 2.1mb big. Set the Compatibility to Run as Admin. Double Click and go!

Hope this helps :

- Stephanie

Ooo forgot to add, I use Norton 360 for my AV and when downloaded it scanned clear thankfully!

:)

Stephanie Salonga, Jan 18, 2020

2. How can I get Freelancer to work in Windows 10?

I got Freelancer to work on Windows 10 64 Bit. I ran compatability mode Windows XP and run as administrator. I downloaded the NO-CD .exe from:

The Starport - A Freelancer Game Fansite :: Downloads

Then installed FL1.1 patch.

RobertShakal, Jan 18, 2020
  3. spyeadon Win User
    How can I get Freelancer to work in Windows 10?

I just got it working with Halanious' solution on Windows 10. Everything was installed in the default location for me, these were the below steps I took after downloading the freelancer.exe file from the link he posted:

1) Open up finder

2) Go to '/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/EXE'

3) Simply drag the new freelancer.exe file into the folder, replacing the one that is already there

4) enjoy

ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10 :)

spyeadon, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10

1. ANSWER: Getting Freelancer to Work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ANSWER Getting Freelancer

2. Purchasing Windows 11 as a self-employed/freelance worker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing Windows 11 as a self-employed/freelance worker: Hi folks!I am about to purchase a new laptop to do freelance work. I use PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Teams a lot.I'd like to know if I should get Windows 11 Home or Pro.. Will there be any difference in the user experience? I'm on a small budget as I'm using my own money. I...
  3. Window 10 Education Use for Professional purposejob or freelancing as a Student

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 Education Use for Professional purposejob or freelancing as a Student: Salaam! Dear All, I have 2 questions about Windows 10 Education and need authentic answers. 1.Can I use windows 10 education for professional purposes like is it allowed if I freelance or do job or establish my own startup using windows 10 education? 2.Can a student use...
  4. Availability for Freelance work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Availability for Freelance work: Hi everyone, I am looking for a remote position as a junior software developer, I am based in London. I have experience with full-stack web development (primarily NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Jquery, vanilla javascript but also some experience with Java Spring...
  5. Availability for Freelance work

Availability for Freelance work: Hi everyone, I am looking for a position as a junior software developer, either remote or in London. I have experience with full-stack web development (primarily NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Jquery, vanilla javascript but also some experience with Java Speing and...
  6. Calendar syncing on Windows 10 - not answers work (2019)

Calendar syncing on Windows 10 - not answers work (2019): I would appreciate an answer on this. I saw "answers" for previous versions of Windows that don't work at all for Windows 10 in 2019. They were locked and don't even remotely fix the problem I'm facing. I'll try to refine this a little bit: I wanted to use Google calendar...
  7. i need to get to the answer desk and a answer tech?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need to get to the answer desk and a answer tech?: I was talking to an answer tech last week; how do I get back with him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-to-the-answer-desk-and-a-answer-tech/56232263-0aac-4169-ba15-78f37c7165b9
  8. Freelancer game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freelancer game: I was wondering with Microsoft doing "Definitive Editions" for certain games like Age of Empires etc. Will it be possible for Microsoft to do an updated version of its game Freelancer? With up-to-date graphics and updated for Windows 10. I liked this game in the XP-era and...
  9. Microsoft Freelancer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Freelancer: I am not sure if I have asked this before, apologies if so. Microsoft Freelancer I have had since day 1. It worked on every version of Windows since its release, but, about 3-4 months ago, it stopped after a Win 10 update. As its a MS game, this should not be happening to...
  10. Windows 10: Get your top questions answered

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Get your top questions answered: Windows 10: Get your top questions answered LIVE WEBCAST May 5, 2016 10:00-11:00AM PT (GMT-8) Get the information you need on Windows 10. Join experts for a live Q&A session, Thursday, May 5th at 10 am PDT. Since the release of Windows 10, it's been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. freelancer on windows 10