Windows 10: Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH

Discus and support Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking for a bone here. Antimalware Service is using 50% of my CPU and I cannot do anything on my laptop. I cant even pull up the windows menu to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JakeFromIowa, May 13, 2020.

1. Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH

I am looking for a bone here. Antimalware Service is using 50% of my CPU and I cannot do anything on my laptop. I cant even pull up the windows menu to open a program cause my CPU is maxing out. I have done endless google searches for what to do and I have done everything I can think of, but it is still hogging my CPU like crazy. Here is what I did:

• Change Windows Defender’s scheduling options
    • Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender’s exclusion list
    • Temporarily Disabled Windows Defender and other settings via gpedit
    • Check Partition and Clear up Junk Files
    • Disable Windows Defender from the Registry
    • Anything else I can look at? This is driving me nuts.

Thank you!!!

submitted by /u/JakeFromIowa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JakeFromIowa, May 13, 2020

2. anti malware service executable

I did a complete scan on the PC through Windows defender (win 10) and I saw anti malware service executable in the task manager. It's the first time I do a complete scan. Question: Was this in the task
    manager before or I didnt notice it?. I read that it is wasting a lot of cpu usage. If I close it, my pc will be vulnerable to malwares?. Thanks in advance!

StamatisKapetanakis, May 13, 2020
  3. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, May 13, 2020
  4. Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH

Jsssssssss, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH

1. Anti-malware Executable usage HIGH - Similar Threads - Anti malware Executable

2. ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE USING HIGH MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE USING HIGH MEMORY: The last three laptops I have owned were all running windows, all had the same problem. I am currently running an 8GB SSD HP Elitebook with plenty of power. Still, a minimum 40% of memory is constantly being used by Anti Malware Service Executable. I have spent more than 30...
  3. ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE USING HIGH MEMORY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE USING HIGH MEMORY: The last three laptops I have owned were all running windows, all had the same problem. I am currently running an 8GB SSD HP Elitebook with plenty of power. Still, a minimum 40% of memory is constantly being used by Anti Malware Service Executable. I have spent more than 30...
  4. ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE USING HIGH MEMORY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Anti-Malware service executable CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anti-Malware service executable CPU usage: Good day,this question is not about high CPU usage but CPU usage in general. I don't benchmark that often, only to test performance after updates every now and then. A few days ago I noticed that my benchmark score in CPUZ was much lower than it was before. Uninstalled some...
  6. Anti-Malware service executable CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti-Malware service executable CPU usage: Good day,this question is not about high CPU usage but CPU usage on general. I don't benchmark that often, only to test performance after updates every now and then. A few days ago I noticed that my benchmark score in CPUZ was much lower than it was before. Uninstalled some...
  7. anti-malware service executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    anti-malware service executable: Please help me try and disable this program, I have tried disabling it via cmd and all the processes on youtube.PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-malware-service-executable/897530f5-f6c0-4155-8403-436481805d57
  8. ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ANTI MALWARE SERVICE EXECUTABLE.: Hello, It's me Ayan. Actually I'm experiencing high memory and disk usage on my dell Inspiron 5559.It's because of the 'Anti Malware Service Executable'. I've tried everything, Task scheduler, Excluding the process, but still it uses more than 600MB every time. I know people...
  9. Anti Malware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti Malware Service Executable: It's Always Consuming High CPU usage some times when i start-up my computer, unnecessary its start, How can i Stop this ? If i stop this is it Safe?[ATTACH]...
  10. Anti malware service executable High Cpu Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anti malware service executable High Cpu Usage: I am aware that this is extremely common and know the usual fix of disabling it in settings and then disabling the options for it in task scheduler then restart your pc. The problem is this didn’t work at all for me and it is still taking up 40 percent of my CPU usage. I also...