Windows 10: Anti Malware sw eating up my mem

Discus and support Anti Malware sw eating up my mem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I go into task manager and find that anti malware is taking 100 percent mem and a lot of cpu. It is causing my cpu to work at a crawl almost unusable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CatherineBurr1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Anti Malware sw eating up my mem

I go into task manager and find that anti malware is taking 100 percent mem and a lot of cpu. It is causing my cpu to work at a crawl almost unusable help please

:)

CatherineBurr1, Apr 26, 2019

2. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Anti Malware sw eating up my mem

1. Anti Malware sw eating up my mem - Similar Threads - Anti Malware eating

2. anti virus and malware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  3. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  4. Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program

Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program: Dears, i seem to have m a l w a r e on my laptop. i have runned windows defender full scan, offline scan and as extra norton anti-virus. Doens't finds anything. After that i tried looking for a anti m a l w a r e program but the moment i use m a l w a r e as 1 word in...
  5. What is the best anti-malware software?

What is the best anti-malware software?: What is the best anti-malware software? 89402
  6. Anti-malware question

Anti-malware question: Does anybody know if there is a better anti-malware than Windows Defender ? 30450
  7. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...
  8. Your Comments/Suggestions on my New Anti-malware Setup

Your Comments/Suggestions on my New Anti-malware Setup: With my Norton subscription about to expire, I thought I'd try something different. I removed the Norton program (which I was generally pleased with) and installed Super Anti-Spyware Pro to run alongside Windows Defender. Super Anti-Spyware doesn't shut down Defender like...
  9. anti malware scanner

anti malware scanner: Hi I have tried Trend Micro, Emisoft and a couple of other stand alone scanners to check my a/v program - Defender. Each has been detrimental. One left "bin" a folder that only Unlocker could remove. Another I had to use Revo to uninstall. Is there a reliable one that...
  10. Most anti-virus/anti-malware method of browsing

Most anti-virus/anti-malware method of browsing: It seems that so many anti-virus products are decent and do a fair job of protecting your computer, whether or not you pay for them. And all reviews I've read over the years usually conclude that free is best, because the "extra stuff" you get really don't help all that much...