Windows 10: Anti Spyware and Windows Defender

Discus and support Anti Spyware and Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have been paying for Malwarebytes virus protection for a few years now on my personal computer and it has always work alongside Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KieraMattern, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Anti Spyware and Windows Defender

Hello,

I have been paying for Malwarebytes virus protection for a few years now on my personal computer and it has always work alongside Windows Defender. Recently, I keep getting the notification that the Defender app isnt turned on and that I need to install an antispyware protection. Is that not what Malwarebytes is? Im just confused on whether I need to figure out how to turn Windows Defender back on or if i can ignore the message because I already have the other app protecting my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help

K

:)

KieraMattern, Mar 13, 2020
  2. OOTay Win User

Anti virus, Trojan's and Spyware.

Hmmm, I use AVG Email Server Antivirus, Zonealarm Pro, and many many spyware programs... The best one being BPS Anti-Spyware. Ad-aware SE is just garbage now, but if you want spyware protection with out nothing running i suggest using Spyware Blaster. Heres a list of great programs that i use and i think are some are the best. Pest Patrol, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Bazooka, Spyware Blaster, and BPS Anti-Spyware. Those are really great anti-spyware programs. Oh and the new Zonealarm Pro I dont like at all becuase it alerts you about everything even if you turn alerts off so i use version 6.0.667.000 which is one of the best newer ones.

OOTay, Mar 13, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Anti Spyware and Windows Defender

How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate Windows Defender and keep the Firewall?

I already have antivirus software and even thought I have turned Windows Defender off via Settings, the Defender Anti-Spyware still is running; I have tried to disable via Services but it is 'grayed' out.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

PatrickCovich, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Anti Spyware and Windows Defender

1. Anti Spyware and Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Anti Spyware Defender

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating: My windows defender's virus and spyware definitions isn't updating when I check for updates in windows update and also in the windows defender user interface either.I submit a prove about what happen when I tried to update it.I am not a fan of going to...
  6. Window Defender Spyware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window Defender Spyware: My window defender is showing that my antivirus is managed by my organization. I downloaded Norton Spyware as recommended which scanned the system but I am back to square one....
  7. virus and spyware for defender

virus and spyware for defender: Got message "Virus and spyware couldn't be updated". Internet connection OK. Any thoughts. Dataviews https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware-for-defender/892562b4-5fca-420d-8272-1b62ada20312
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware definitions not updating

Windows Defender Virus and Spyware definitions not updating: Windows Defender update stalling and then not completing. Message says 'Didn't update due to an internet or network connection problem'. Have tried many times over the last few days....
  9. Anti-Spyware Software

Anti-Spyware Software: Does Windows Defender include anti-spyware software? I have Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC, but don't know if it includes anti-spyware. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-spyware-software/2adfddce-5c37-4053-82c1-46931c355666
  10. Anti-Spyware help

Anti-Spyware help: I've always run SuperAntiSyware on my previous Windows XP & 7. Since upgrading to Windows 10, the application has reported in excess of 700 hits, today it was 1,138. I've never had that many! I'm using Firefox Developer Edition, might that be the problem or are...