Windows 10: Anti virus and malware protection

Discus and support Anti virus and malware protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SHAWNMOUSSEAU, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Anti virus and malware protection

Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be?

:)

SHAWNMOUSSEAU, Sep 22, 2018

2. Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Sep 22, 2018
  3. McAffee and Emsisoft Anti Malware

I personally use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and IMO it is far better than McAfee...

If you decide to use Emsisoft, please make sure to fully uninstall McAfee with the help of their specific removal tool from this List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    before you install Emsisoft.

Suggestion to read:

FYI:

I've asked a moderator to remove the best buy link in your post. If you want to buy Emsisoft Anti Malware then it's best to go directly to their site: emsisoft.com

Jsssssssss, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Anti virus and malware protection

Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender. Is that all I need?

What virus, firewall, or malware protection does Microsoft recommend we need for Windows 10 Ver 1709, beyond Defender? If any?

* Original title: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection

Jeff Reedy, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Anti virus and malware protection

1. Anti virus and malware protection - Similar Threads - Anti virus malware

2. Anti virus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti virus protection: Wonder what anti-virus of choice do the folks on this forum use ? I recently had problem with my os that thanks to Tekkie Boy and others helped me to get fixed. Great bunch of folks here! Since it has been repaired and working great,I have been using Windows Defender as my AV...
  3. anti virus malware

anti virus malware: what is the best anti virus malware product to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-malware/071e19f9-9d23-4806-8462-06b6fc936657"
  4. anti virus protection

anti virus protection: When i turn on my computer the notification screen tells me I have to turn on my virus protection. Upon checking on this issue its states that my virus protect is turned on . What is causing this notification error....
  5. anti-virus protection setting

anti-virus protection setting: Trying to access "Virus and threat protection" and get "Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." No IT admin, other than myself. I...
  6. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  7. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  8. anti virus protection

anti virus protection: I have a Dell PC and it has McAfee virus protection and it wants me to renew it. But I would just as soon keep Microsoft protection can I change it back to Microsoft in setting ? thank...
  9. Security, Anti-Virus protection

Security, Anti-Virus protection: I have Viper Security installed on my Laptop, I have recently had a problem with receiving phony scams from a third party (inferring they are from Microsoft). I reported that to Microsoft Security. I now would like to switch from Viper to Defender (which is on my laptop)....
  10. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...