Windows 10: Anti Virus Scan Fail.

Discus and support Anti Virus Scan Fail. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Due to COVID-19, my daughters are off school doing blended learning. A teacher has recently set up work on Minecraft Education Edition asking us to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jodywest1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Jodywest1 Win User

Anti Virus Scan Fail.

Due to COVID-19, my daughters are off school doing blended learning. A teacher has recently set up work on Minecraft Education Edition asking us to download it and complete the instructions. We have signed up and everything, but when trying to download the actual programme Minecraft Education Edition it takes at least a minute to download and then says "Could not download - virus scan failed". I have looked at the settings to see if it is a problem on there but nothing is wrong. I have also gone on numerous websites following instructions on how to fix it but none of them have worked. I have even gone of the Microsoft website and looked up instructions, followed them and they have still not worked. My daughter is now unable to do her school work because of this difficulty. Lots of people have said that it isn't working due to the anti virus on the computer blocking downloading things but it simply cannot be because our anti virus ran out a couple of months ago on this device. We have not since renewed it since. Earlier on in the year, we had the same problem and the teacher said that we can just not do the piece of work that he set up. The only reason why we are asking now is because this is a piece of work that my daughter really wants to do and enjoy. Not only this, we feel that this is just getting ridiculous. My daughters can only complete a small selection of work which isn't good. Any ideas on how to solve this so we can download things on the computer? Please get back to me ASAP.

:)

Jodywest1, Jan 4, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Polarman Win User
    Microsoft Exclusion List for Anti-virus

Apparantly, Microsoft posted a list of files that can be "Excluded" from any Anti-Virus that you use to help with scanning performance.

You can read about here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

Polarman, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Anti Virus Scan Fail.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Anti Virus Scan Fail.

1. Anti Virus Scan Fail. - Similar Threads - Anti Virus Scan

2. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  3. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  4. Anti Virus Scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti Virus Scans: My HP laptop has Windows 11. I am always being asked to do a quick anti virus security scan which takes hours to complete if at all. I have windows 11 security in S Mode. My security updates are paused for 1 week don't know why this is but I can't change it I won't go on any...
  5. Anti Virus Scans

Anti Virus Scans: My HP laptop has Windows 11. I am always being asked to do a quick anti virus security scan which takes hours to complete if at all. I have windows 11 security in S Mode. My security updates are paused for 1 week don't know why this is but I can't change it I won't go on any...
  6. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  7. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  8. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  10. Failed-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...