Windows 10: Anti virus software and Windows S mode

Discus and support Anti virus software and Windows S mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. The salesperson insisted that we needed anti-virus software. No big deal, I purchased it. As it turns... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeissac75, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Jeissac75 Win User

Anti virus software and Windows S mode

I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. The salesperson insisted that we needed anti-virus software. No big deal, I purchased it. As it turns out, I can't install it in S mode. What's the deal with S mode? Is it really necessary? I'm trying to figure out if it's best to use standard Windows 10 or try to return the software.

:)

Jeissac75, Aug 14, 2019
  2. mikey8684 Win User

Help With Choosing Anti-Virus Software

Hey guys

I would like to know what some of the best anti virus programs are.

I am currently running NOD32 and the Nvidia firewall (came with mobo) and I find they slow down my games (singleplayer)

The guys over in the gaming threads suggested to just disable them while playing but I'm not sure I want to just in case you know.

So yeah bassically if you could give me some suggestions for anti virus and I will probably go back to using the windows firewall instead.

mikey8684, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Chocolade Win User
    Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?

There are so many anti viruses in the market. The last one I used was Nod32. It was on windows 8 pro.
    Now on windows 10 I didn't decide yet what to use if at all. Should I have any anti virus software on the pc ? Is the defender built in windows is good enough ? When I google for top anti virus software the first link is 2016/2017 best anti virus softwares by pcmag. The first one in the list is mcafee plus 2016.

There are so many products and I know that some of them make problems with other applications some not working good yet with windows 10 some better more or less. After all they are costing money so it's a bit mess.

Chocolade, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Anti virus software and Windows S mode - Similar Threads - Anti virus software

2. Will I lose Anti-Virus Program if I exit the S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will I lose Anti-Virus Program if I exit the S Mode: So I purchased a new computer and it comes with S Mode. I prefer to use google chrome and I know I would need to disable s mode to do so. What I am wondering is if I need to download a separate anti-virus software if i disable S mode? Do i lose the built in anti virus...
  3. HitmanPro anti-virus software

HitmanPro anti-virus software: Hi .... A few years ago, I had issues with pop-ups showing up on my screen, and things indicating that I may have a virus. I contacted MS Support, and the tech remoted into my system, and uploaded & installed Hitman Pro to it. Haven't seen a problem since. I just wanted...
  4. Anti Virus Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anti Virus Software: Hi, Do I need to renew my Norton's 360 subscription if Windows 10 now has an upgraded Windows Defender built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/a3942b28-92aa-409f-adcb-ec13fc5bbb94
  5. anti-virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anti-virus software?: I am using a mac right now. I am thinking of getting a windows laptop. Mac's specs are fairly bad. The last time I had a windows laptop I had a lot of viruses. How's your situation with current anti-virus software? I use sites like putlocker, and sometimes use torrents....
  6. ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE: IF I HAVE WINDOWS 10, DO I NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ADDITIONAL ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE SUCH AS MCAFEE OR NORTON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/c2f34cf1-977f-41bb-a59c-93aa92349426
  7. Best Anti-Virus Software

Best Anti-Virus Software: what is the best free antivirus [Original Title: Security.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/best-anti-virus-software/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287
  8. Anti virus software

Anti virus software: I have just bought the complete Windows package and wonder whether this includes anti virus software or do i need to buy this separately ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-software/33a126e6-72c0-4759-940a-f1e8017c6bb8
  9. Anti-virus Software!

Anti-virus Software!: I am looking anti-virus software for for Microsoft Windows10 something light! I had Norton 360 is expired and I think it was too heavy for for windows 10. Any suggestions ?...
  10. Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?

Any suggestions for a anti virus software ?: There are so many anti viruses in the market. The last one I used was Nod32. It was on windows 8 pro. Now on windows 10 I didn't decide yet what to use if at all. Should I have any anti virus software on the pc ? Is the defender built in windows is good enough ? When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows s mode antivirus

2. virus in s mode

3. where to find virus software on smode windows 10

4. windows s mode anti virus,
  5. windows s mode and antivirus,
  6. antivirus for windows s mode,
  7. how good is windows security s mode 2019,
  8. windows s mode anti virus software,
  9. windows s mode verses anti virus software,
  10. virus protection windows s mode,
  11. cant download antivirus in s mode microsoft,