Windows 10: Anti-Virus software removed from computer and admin rights won't allow me to reinstall...

Discus and support Anti-Virus software removed from computer and admin rights won't allow me to reinstall... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; G'day, I was wondering if you could help me? I recently jumped onto my work computer which due to covid-19 restrictions is monthly as I only go into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mufussa, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mufussa Win User

Anti-Virus software removed from computer and admin rights won't allow me to reinstall...

G'day, I was wondering if you could help me?

I recently jumped onto my work computer which due to covid-19 restrictions is monthly as I only go into work to check on things every so often.

The computer booted slowly and all internet webpages took forever to load. I tried scanning a document and the printer said I had to install the correct software. Confused, I then noticed some files on the desktop were blank no link. Also that BitDefender anti-virus hadn't loaded in on startup. When I checked for it, Windows asked me to browse for the files to find BitDefender. All software had been deleted only that started with the letter A and B for some reason adobe, brother printer, bitdefender.

I knew I had a back-up for the BitDefender Central setup file in the downloads so I attempted to run the file but was greeted with a red window saying that admin had stop the install and to contact admin. I tried running it as admin and the same result. I was in a rush to leave work as I couldn't stay long, but I hope to go back soon fully armed with knowledge to resolve the situation quickly. Any ideas?

Cheers

:)

Mufussa, Aug 25, 2020

2. anti virus software removal

I need t remove all anti virus/antimalware to allow me to complete the installation of Bit Defender program

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnWhiteV, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    what is the best free anti virus software listed on microsoft site

-

I guess you are talking about this list:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

There does not exist THE best free antivirus product.

Personally, I use and recommend switching to a paid antivirus product on Windows 7.

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially

Ṣmeed, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Anti-Virus software removed from computer and admin rights won't allow me to reinstall...

1. Anti-Virus software removed from computer and admin rights won't allow me to reinstall... - Similar Threads - Anti Virus software

2. Admin locked public computer won't allow removal of Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin locked public computer won't allow removal of Windows account: My residential bldg. Has a HP All-inOne Win 10 PC. Any Resident can use it, ranging from Internet browsing to Printing Resumes. It does have many locked out features because management doesn't want viruses and the malware. They claim to be proteecting ouraccounts but have...
  3. Admin locked public computer won't allow removal of Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin locked public computer won't allow removal of Windows account: My residential bldg. Has a HP All-inOne Win 10 PC. Any Resident can use it, ranging from Internet browsing to Printing Resumes. It does have many locked out features because management doesn't want viruses and the malware. They claim to be proteecting ouraccounts but have...
  4. HitmanPro anti-virus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HitmanPro anti-virus software: Hi .... A few years ago, I had issues with pop-ups showing up on my screen, and things indicating that I may have a virus. I contacted MS Support, and the tech remoted into my system, and uploaded & installed Hitman Pro to it. Haven't seen a problem since. I just wanted...
  5. Anti Virus Software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anti Virus Software: Hi, Do I need to renew my Norton's 360 subscription if Windows 10 now has an upgraded Windows Defender built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/a3942b28-92aa-409f-adcb-ec13fc5bbb94
  6. anti-virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anti-virus software?: I am using a mac right now. I am thinking of getting a windows laptop. Mac's specs are fairly bad. The last time I had a windows laptop I had a lot of viruses. How's your situation with current anti-virus software? I use sites like putlocker, and sometimes use torrents....
  7. ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE: IF I HAVE WINDOWS 10, DO I NEED TO SUBSCRIBE TO ADDITIONAL ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE SUCH AS MCAFEE OR NORTON? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-software/c2f34cf1-977f-41bb-a59c-93aa92349426
  8. Best Anti-Virus Software

Best Anti-Virus Software: what is the best free antivirus [Original Title: Security.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/best-anti-virus-software/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287
  9. Anti virus software

Anti virus software: I have just bought the complete Windows package and wonder whether this includes anti virus software or do i need to buy this separately ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-software/33a126e6-72c0-4759-940a-f1e8017c6bb8
  10. Anti-virus Software!

Anti-virus Software!: I am looking anti-virus software for for Microsoft Windows10 something light! I had Norton 360 is expired and I think it was too heavy for for windows 10. Any suggestions ?...