Windows 10: Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering

Discus and support Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting this annoying issue on 3 of my Windows 10 systems lately... 2 are desktops and 1 is a gaming laptop... Area 51m to be exact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dharo757, Feb 5, 2021.

1. dharo757 Win User

Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering

Hello, I've been getting this annoying issue on 3 of my Windows 10 systems lately...

2 are desktops and 1 is a gaming laptop... Area 51m to be exact with RTX 2070...

I can't figure out why the antialiasing looks so terrible now these days? Did NVIDIA do something or is this due to Windows 10? There's a lot of shimmering in the distance in all my video games. MSAA isn't working either. I've tried reinstalling the OS, reinstalling drivers, reseating graphics cards, swapping RAM sticks, changing settings... etc... I can't figure it out, it's so annoying!

The 3 systems are as follows:

Windows 10 20H2 19042.789
    Maximus XII Formula/Area 51m R1/Z370F
    10900K/9700K/8700K
    GTX1080Ti/RTX2070/GTX1060
    32GB DDR4/16GB DRR4/16GB DDR4

I've spoken about this issue with other people in regards to other games and they said they see the same problem so luckily it's not just me. I read that MSAA is being phased out by Windows 10 here:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ndows-10-1703/

If that's true, that's really infuriating since a lot of older titles rely on MSAA.

Has anyone found a fix yet? Here's a video someone else posted showcasing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_72jH21lY

Thanks in advance.

:)

dharo757, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Purvatya Win User
    Purvatya, Feb 5, 2021
  3. CJLim Win User
    Bittersweet Shimmer update

GDR3 is a Microsoft update and Bittersweet Shimmer is a Nokia Update. On your phone, the first is listed as the OS version and the second the Firmware version.

The current release of GDR3 is a preview version only for developers. For the rest of you, installing this update will void your warranty.

CJLim, Feb 5, 2021
  4. D007 Win User

FXAA, MSAA and TXAA

I'd suggest 2x MSAA. Nothing more. What I would do is turn on AA @ 2x, then turn it off and see if you notice any change.. You might not need AA at all.

D007, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering - Similar Threads - Antialiasing MSAA Working

2. Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...: Hi, sinse 2018 i have graphics problems on my PC when playing games or just by watching videos/streams. On every game i play i have pronounced jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering but i also have FOV problems that means i play with 90 FOV but it's like...
  3. Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...: Hi, sinse 2018 i have graphics problems on my PC when playing games or just by watching videos/streams. On every game i play i have pronounced jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering but i also have FOV problems that means i play with 90 FOV but it's like...
  4. An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An update for Windows 10 broke MSAA Anti-Aliasing for games. Please Fix ASAP.: Hello, a while ago an update broke anti-aliasing for a majority of games that utilize MSAA. Even with the settings maxxed out, it looks terrible. This is on a desktop with an ASUS Z490 Maximus Formula XII, 10900K CPU, GTX1080Ti. Windows 10 20H2 and 461.92 NVIDIA Driver....
  5. Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering: Hello, I've been getting this annoying issue on 3 of my Windows 10 systems lately... 2 are desktops and 1 is a gaming laptop... Area 51m to be exact with RTX 2070... I can't figure out why the antialiasing looks so terrible now these days? Did NVIDIA do something or is this...
  6. display distance

in Browsers and Email
    display distance: HI WIN 10 PRO 2004 NEW MICROSOFT EDGE I set the display distance in the settings to the top left (Hebrew) where the three dots per hundred percent appear But all the time I browse the site Otherwise the value drops to fifty percent How can one set the distance to one...
  7. files and folders in distance learning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files and folders in distance learning: Hello community, if you are also at home for the emergency, waste two minutes to read; I participate with 20 other students in a logistics course. average age 45 years. Teachers seven send the slides and other documents seen during the lesson distance learning to the...
  8. Photos app antialiasing pictures in fullscreen mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app antialiasing pictures in fullscreen mode?: So not only this app takes seconds to open a small jpg (on a SSD, mind you), it also has this extremely agressive antialiasing issue? Sample 1 - Photos app in fullscreen mode, IrfanView windowed right next to it. Notice how bad the text looks. Sample 2 - Photos and...
  9. Windows Fax and Scan Long Distance dialing rules not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and Scan Long Distance dialing rules not working!: We are using an EMR program that uses the Windows Fax & scan client connected to a network Fax Server -Windows 2008 R2 Server with a dedicated Fax card. Everything works fine on Windows 7 Pro workstations as it has for the past 5 years. We've recently upgraded a few...
  10. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...