Windows 10: Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise

Discus and support Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Windows defender identified the following malware in my pc and removed it Detected:VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Status: Removed or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jishrat, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Jishrat Win User

Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise

Hi

Windows defender identified the following malware in my pc and removed it

Detected:VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

affected items :regkeyvalue: hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\real-time protection\\DisableBehaviorMonitoring

I ran full scan afterwards, in addition to Malware bytes scans. All came up with no threats detected.

But now my computer triggers antimalware service right after I open a browser window and the CPU usage goes higher with Continuous fan noise.

I have tried to stop the task ,modify it via Admin templates and even turn it off from setting ,including file exclusion of MSMPEng.exe.

Nothing changes this loop of Antimalware service with high noise. System restore did not work . Neither did scanning from startup .

Any Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Jishrat, Mar 7, 2021

2. High usage antimalware

Dear Microsoft

Antimalware service high usage cpu, so couse drain my laptop battery

How I can solve this problem?

for Info,

All my file and data was remove to minimize the problem, but still high usage.

IshakSetiawan, Mar 7, 2021
  3. high CPU usage antimalware service everytime on Start up

Hi Casemiro,

As this is your only line of defense, we can change the timing in which this does a scan. Right now the task is probably set to when you start up your computer - we could change it to later at night or some other time if you'd like?

https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/28620/antimalware-...

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-usage-b...

Seeing above you can change the task scheduler event; do not remove Windows Defender as this is your only defence.

There some changes you can make to ensure that this doesn't run at max CPU usage.

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

RickFran84, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise

VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hey there Kristian, first I'd suggest using your task manager and seeing if Windows antimalware executable is going on, because it can spike high cpu usage rates. Afterwords, i'd like for you to do a scan with your windows defender, as it may be malware
    infecting your computer.

SonGoku'sSon, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise

1. Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise - Similar Threads - Antimalware occupies High

2. Antimalware High CPU usage Spike Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware High CPU usage Spike Problem: My Anti malwar Service Executable suddenly Spicks my CPU usage and my lags at that time and I cannot disable this service. My friends suggested that it might have a hidden malware or and Trojan. Please help resolve this problem....
  3. Antimalware High CPU usage Spike Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware High CPU usage Spike Problem: My Anti malwar Service Executable suddenly Spicks my CPU usage and my lags at that time and I cannot disable this service. My friends suggested that it might have a hidden malware or and Trojan. Please help resolve this problem....
  4. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage: Hello, The process Antimalware Service Executable is always on and consuming at least a 40% of my CPU. This started to happen a couple of months ago a bit, but now it is continuous. I have tried the different solutions posted in this community but none of them work for me I...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage: Hello, The process Antimalware Service Executable is always on and consuming at least a 40% of my CPU. This started to happen a couple of months ago a bit, but now it is continuous. I have tried the different solutions posted in this community but none of them work for me I...
  6. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  7. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  8. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Antimalware service executable high CPU usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high CPU usage: Recently antimalware service executable has been showing moderate to high CPU usage for about 10 seconds every 90 seconds approximately. This appears to be slowing some of my application software. I had not noticed this previously. Is there a simple a solution to this other...
  10. High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager: I am using Windows 10 in ASUS ZenBook UX305. The fan of my laptop runs quite loud in general but it drops down drastically every time I open the task manager. The sudden drop in CPU usage can be seen immediately after opening the task manager. I have run Malwarebytes and Eset...