Windows 10: Antimalware runs all the time, even in games.

Discus and support Antimalware runs all the time, even in games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; title. This is a brand new from scratch PC build and windows install as of 2 months ago. Runs even in games and crashes my games. Slows down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScienceOwnsYourFace, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Antimalware runs all the time, even in games.

title. This is a brand new from scratch PC build and windows install as of 2 months ago. Runs even in games and crashes my games. Slows down and randomly hitches my top-end rig. I need help...

I have changed settings in task scheduler. I have Tried to create a new task for monday mornings when im not at my computer.

I have disabled "real time protection" and tried to disable antimalware in regedit... only to have the scanner deem this a "severe threat" and restore the registry values to original settings and turn real time protection back on.

I cannot stop this in task manager. I cannot stop the services.

This is running **in the middle of gaming and crashing my games.** This is absolutely not acceptable and I'm at the fucking end of my wits. I need help. Help me remove this fucking thing from my computer please!!!!

submitted by /u/ScienceOwnsYourFace
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScienceOwnsYourFace, Feb 7, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 7, 2020
  4. bigr141 Win User

Antimalware runs all the time, even in games.

Defender antimalware runs 100% disk time

Defender antimalware runs an excessive amount of time and takes up 100% of disk so I cannot really use the computer most of the time. I have searched but cannot find any real answers to this problem yet.

Anyone know how to stop it from running so much?

bigr141, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware runs all the time, even in games.

1. Antimalware runs all the time, even in games. - Similar Threads - Antimalware runs games

2. Antimalware Service Executable is using 35% memory all the time even idle, and I tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable is using 35% memory all the time even idle, and I tried...: I tried disabling the application, disabling every sort of antimalware software on my pc, now my pc is completely not protected and still running slow. I don't even remember all the things I disabled and changed. Do you think at this point its just better to do a reset of...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable is using 35% memory all the time even idle, and I tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable is using 35% memory all the time even idle, and I tried...: I tried disabling the application, disabling every sort of antimalware software on my pc, now my pc is completely not protected and still running slow. I don't even remember all the things I disabled and changed. Do you think at this point its just better to do a reset of...
  4. Won't run games at all!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't run games at all!: I recently put together a new to me PC, it was my dads media center that had the power supply burn out. So I replaced that and it runs good as new with everything, except games which was supposed to be it's explicit purpose. This thing won't run games that are 15 years old...
  5. antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.: Just bought a new laptop, and at all times in task manager, 200mb of my ram is being used by antimalware service executable, however i don't see this in my task manager at all on my desktop. I've tried a couple fixes given on other questions here, but those questions relate...
  6. why this happens with some of my apps, or even games almost all the time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why this happens with some of my apps, or even games almost all the time?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MustardBateXD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhebiv/why_this_happens_with_some_of_my_apps_or_even/
  7. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  8. Games crashing all the time

in Cortana
    Games crashing all the time: [ATTACH]this wont stop crashing my games any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-crashing-all-the-time/b9526734-cd85-4b94-a49a-d824f5406bca"
  9. Fan runs all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan runs all the time: I have a new HP Pavilion 590 pc and the fan runs constantly. I'll have to take it back unless someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-runs-all-the-time/66b33ada-fbb0-4354-8bff-7a1fbdbe188c
  10. Is Windows Defender Running All the time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Running All the time?: I've just upgraded to Win 10 and I am slowly figuring out where everything is. I also like to set certain apps to be visible in the Tray. Windows Defender is one of those I have set to be visible all the time. When I restart, it's not there. I go to Settings>Update &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. antimalware always runs when im gaming