Windows 10: Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update...

Discus and support Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a recent update yesterday, my pc memory usage was skyrocketingAntimalware Serice Executable is using about 1 gigs of RAM so I found that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dhruvjoshi1184, May 10, 2020.

1. Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update...

After a recent update yesterday, my pc memory usage was skyrocketingAntimalware Serice Executable is using about 1 gigs of RAM so I found that Antimalware Serice Executable is related to windows defender but i cannot find any way to stop it even after turning windows off it's still running . I want to stop this excessive usage without compensating security of my device, please guide me. Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update... 77f05fa0-2ff8-43be-8143-ad50a26305c9?upload=true.png Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update... eeac5f5d-4566-4305-8d9b-83effc276630?upload=true.png please help.

:)

dhruvjoshi1184, May 10, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing high RAM usage issue due to Antimalware Service Executable.

It is one of the background-running services in Windows Defender. Antimalware Service Executable is running to scan the malware and spyware when you access them. It will detect if there’s anything harmful on your PC Aside from that, it also takes a
    background scan of your system for any viruses or worms. Its scanning relies heavily on your computer’s CPU, that’s why you find it’s eating the CPU usage on your Windows 10.

To get this sorted, I suggest to follow the steps below:

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type taskschd.msc and click on OK.
    1. Now expand Task Scheduler Library >
      Microsoft > Windows
    2. Select Windows Defender and on the right hand pane double-click on
      Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
    3. Under General tab, uncheck the box next to
      Run with highest privileges.
    4. Select Conditions tab, uncheck all the items and click on
      OK.

Method 2:

Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Update &
      Security and select Windows Security.
    3. Now click on Open Windows
      Security
    4. Click on Virus & threat protection
    5. Under Virus & threat protection settings click on
      Manage settings.
    6. Scroll down and look for Exclusions and select
      Add or remove exclusions.
    7. Click on Add an exclusion and select
      Process.
    8. Type MsMpEng.exe and click on
      Add

Restart the PC and check if the RAM usage is high.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 10, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, May 10, 2020
  4. Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update...

Jsssssssss, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update...

1. Antimalware Serive Executable using very high amount of RAM after a recent security update... - Similar Threads - Antimalware Serive Executable

2. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  3. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  4. Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) high RAM usage: For about 2 days now i've seen Antimalware Service Executable use up big amounts of RAM when playing different games like CSGO (up to 4/16gb). Since then i've tried several different things that i found on different forums. I tried: - Disabling Windows Defender - Changing...
  5. Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware service executable very high CPU usages: For some time the fan on my PC laptop has been running at full speed with no programmes running. When I went into Task Manager I found that Antimalware service executable was using very high CPU. I followed various threads on here which made different suggestions eg:...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage

Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage: hello antimalware service executable is always on and at a high fixed rate of memory usage , i use windows defender , i dont use any other antiviruses software , i think this problem appeared after i upgraded to windows 10 few days ago , i tried both methods in the answer of...
  7. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable: Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB...
  8. antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.: Just bought a new laptop, and at all times in task manager, 200mb of my ram is being used by antimalware service executable, however i don't see this in my task manager at all on my desktop. I've tried a couple fixes given on other questions here, but those questions relate...
  9. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

Antimalware service executable high ram usage: So my antimalware service executableMsMpEng.exe is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on. Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage: Hi, I am a windows 10 user. I have been facing this problem since many months. The problem is that whenever I start using my computer, in the background the antimalware service executable starts running and slowly it starts consuming almost all my CPU & RAM. Because of which...