Windows 10: "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.

Discus and support "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This laptop I'm using is an HP G72 C55DX Notebook PC. I wanted to boost the performance. I recently installed an antivirus I found on Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luke Traylor, May 26, 2024.

1. "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.

This laptop I'm using is an HP G72 C55DX Notebook PC. I wanted to boost the performance. I recently installed an antivirus I found on Microsoft's website, but now when I look in Control Panel for things that I could maybe use to boost the performance of the laptop, and it had a Windows Exclamation icon with something like this: "A program is slowing the startup speed of your computer." I clicked on it, and I come to find "Antimalware Service" adds 112.7 SECONDS to the bootup time. Is it potentially unsafe to click "Remove from list"? Here's more information down here. I clicked "View details i

:)

Luke Traylor, May 26, 2024

2. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

Hey Antonio,

This "Antimalware Service Executable" service is more complicated than others as it is an high privilege process.

First of all it isn't displayed in startup and whenever I try to stop it using task manager it says : "The operation could not be completed - Access is denied" even when task manager is launched with administrative privileges.

I tried various methods like

1.Turning off real-time protection (It turns on automatically at next startup)

2.Changing task-scheduler settings but it didn't worked.

Please suggest another method.

AbhishekJadhav8308, May 26, 2024
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 26, 2024
  4. "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.

Antimalware Service Executable

Hello,

Currently I'm facing a problem with the antimalware service executable. It uses half of my memory, I did tried some solutions such as: Change Windows Defender’s schedule and Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. However, none of these solutions has yet fixed my issue. Any help is appreciated.

Should I install another antivirus program?

JustANormalMember, May 26, 2024
Thema:

"Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.

1. "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service startup

2. "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Antimalware Service" at startup adds 112.7 seconds to bootup time on my laptop.: This laptop I'm using is an HP G72 C55DX Notebook PC. I wanted to boost the performance. I recently installed an antivirus I found on Microsoft's website, but now when I look in Control Panel for things that I could maybe use to boost the performance of the laptop, and it had...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup: This has been going on for a month or two now, Antimalware Service Executable takes up around 40% of my Memory usage literally 30s after turning on my laptop. It stays like that for the entirety of my laptop being turned on, it's stuck on 125-135MB of usage almost always.I've...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage on startup: This has been going on for a month or two now, Antimalware Service Executable takes up around 40% of my Memory usage literally 30s after turning on my laptop. It stays like that for the entirety of my laptop being turned on, it's stuck on 125-135MB of usage almost always.I've...
  5. Startup time of services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup time of services: Is there a way to determine how long each of the services requires to start when Windows starts?My Windows takes more than a minute before the startup folder applications start. In the past a minute would be considered fantastic and it is not a problem except if there is...
  6. Startup time of services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup time of services: Is there a way to determine how long each of the services requires to start when Windows starts?My Windows takes more than a minute before the startup folder applications start. In the past a minute would be considered fantastic and it is not a problem except if there is...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable is making my laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable is making my laptop unusable: This program runs all day all the time, eating up my memory cpu and disk. I cant even open edge sometimes. I unchecked highest privileges and unchecked conditions in task scheduler but it made no change, it just keeps going. I’m not sure what to do at this point. For...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable slowing my laptop

Antimalware Service Executable slowing my laptop: Windows defender had an update as of 3/6/21. Since then, my Antimalware service has been using 40% of my computer's memory in the task manager. It's slowing my machine down, all my games run terribly now. I checked, and this issue isn't due to a virus, it's part of Windows...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  10. Antimalware on Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware on Startup: My laptop takes several minutes to Startup and File Explorer is very slow. Task Manager indicates Antimalware is using a lot of resources. Is there a way I can disable it while I'm working and let it run when I'm not using the laptop? Win10 up-to-date Bill...