Windows 10: Antimalware Service eating up resources

Discus and support Antimalware Service eating up resources in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JosephV_420, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Antimalware Service eating up resources

So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today morning the **** thing again froze up, and this time it was because the Antimalware Service was on 100% Disk usage. The only files I installed in the past 1 year were Microsoft updates. Why in ***** does the ***** thing have to scan updates from Microsoft? Can it not keep track of files and folders its parent co installed?S

:)

JosephV_420, Jan 18, 2022

2. Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource

Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resources. How can I fix the issue? Sometimes my computer uses 100 percent of disk because of this 2 tasks when nothing is running. It is making my computer slow.

Antimalware Service eating up resources 41265f3f-261b-444f-823b-e8fcc2f529d4?upload=true.png

Antimalware Service eating up resources 3f4aa15c-6d32-492f-bbc6-ef36fb2a7330?upload=true.png

AnonymousXBUser, Jan 18, 2022
  3. MRRawl Win User
    Antimalware Service Executable very high disk usage

I did as you suggested and the Antimalware Executable service is still eating up my disk space. When it stops, then the Genie timeline service eats up my disk processing. Please help

MRRawl, Jan 18, 2022
  4. ydeepk Win User

Antimalware Service eating up resources

Antimalware executable service eats CPU upto 100%

Help With this issue

Antimalware executable service eats CPU upto 100%.

This makes my PC hang alot very difficult to work.

Whats the fix ?

ydeepk, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Antimalware Service eating up resources

1. Antimalware Service eating up resources - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service eating

2. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  4. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  5. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  6. AntiMALWARE Service EXECUTABLE Eating UP MY FULL RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    AntiMALWARE Service EXECUTABLE Eating UP MY FULL RAM: The problem is that Even when i don't have any apps run, the ram usage is like 75% & 80% when i see whats taking thats much I found out The AntiMalware is taking the ram taking most of the RAMI tried to kill the task which said its a window programAnd i Have Another Issue...
  7. Why is my Antimalware Service eating so much resources? Sometimes it goes to even 1000mb+/s.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Antimalware Service eating so much resources? Sometimes it goes to even 1000mb+/s.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CptGoingViral [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghxm0m/why_is_my_antimalware_service_eating_so_much/
  8. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging: I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource: Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resources. How can I fix the issue? Sometimes my computer uses 100 percent of disk because of this 2 tasks when nothing is running. It is making my computer slow. [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  10. antimalware service taking up too much resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service taking up too much resources: lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing...