Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been happening almost every day for the past 3 months. I have wiped my computer 4 freaking times now trying to fix this. I've done task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blitzkrieg762, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage

This has been happening almost every day for the past 3 months. I have wiped my computer 4 freaking times now trying to fix this. I've done task scheduler, editing registry values, EVERY credible "fix" I could find yet this still does this too me. It runs between 100-350 MBps for hours on end. Running on 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSDs with the C: drive in Rapid Mode. There is ZERO reason this should be taking this many resources from a SSD MS!!! ZERO!

submitted by /u/Blitzkrieg762
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blitzkrieg762, Mar 31, 2020
  2. SarahKong Win User

Antimalware Service Executable Constant Disk Usage

Found a great article that will hopefully help you out.

See the link for steps to resolve with screenshots.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/antimalwar...

SarahKong, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable High disk usage

Every time I start Windows, or open a program Antimalware Service Executable shoots up to 100% disk usage for an hour or more. This cripples my computer for an hour. I have a third party antivirus program on my computer (Bitdefender) and wish to permanently
    and completely disable Antimalware Service Executable so I am no longer faced with this problem. How do I do that?

StephenM237, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Infima Win User

Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage

Antimalware Service Executable very high disk usage

For me, the Antimalware Service Executable still eats up my disk usage, but since the above suggestion made it so that it only happens while the machine is idle, that is okay for me. I haven't noticed any annoyance from it since.

(Of course, if I had programs running while not on the machine that also needed a lot of disk operations, the solution would not have worked for me, since then Antimalware Service Executable would interfere with those programs.)

If you are still experiencing problems, perhaps try disabling Antimalware Service Executable and the other service you mentioned (that I don't know) completely? Of course, that is assuming you can live with not having them.

(I don't think there is a way to change how much disk operations the program needs, so when it runs, it'll always have high disk usage if your disk is quite slow)

Infima, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage

1. Antimalware Service Executable 80-100% SSD usage - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware service executable CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware service executable CPU usage: Just updated and Antimalware service executable is now taking up over 30% of my CPU. I hadn't even seen this program on my task manager prior to this I keep task manager open every day and now it's at the top of my CPU usage and it won't go away. I tried putting it into...
  3. Antimalware service executable CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware service executable CPU usage: Just updated and Antimalware service executable is now taking up over 30% of my CPU. I hadn't even seen this program on my task manager prior to this I keep task manager open every day and now it's at the top of my CPU usage and it won't go away. I tried putting it into...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable memory usage: I have a problem with my Antimalware Service Executable, it uses like a little over 100mb of my memory preventing my computer from having best gaming optimization, I need help fixing it with windows 11....
  5. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  6. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...
  8. How to fix Antimalware Service Executable 100% CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Antimalware Service Executable 100% CPU usage?: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, At random moments this (Image) happens and I don't know why. It stays at 100% for a few minutes and then goes back to normal. I tried fixing it by scheduling the Windows Defender scans on a certain day and hour and it worked for a few weeks but I...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable MsMpEng.exe - 100% ram usage

Antimalware Service Executable MsMpEng.exe - 100% ram usage: Hello, as the subject says my antimalware service executable is taking all remaining ram that I have unused, this happens only when i run Monster Hunter World: Iceborne for about one hour. I have windows defender turned off and use malwarebyte and bitdefender. I have tested...
  10. Why Windows Services taking 100% Usages ? (Service & Antimalware Service Executable)

Why Windows Services taking 100% Usages ? (Service & Antimalware Service Executable): Hi, I love Windows 10 as helps me in accomplishing all my Personal and Professional Tasks with ease. Thanks to Microsoft for this masterpiece "Windows 10" However recently what I have noted is that while using my laptop most of the time CPU Usages goes to 100% and...