Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can I fix this? I already tried some things but didn't help. After some time it gets back and turned on. submitted by /u/krisstijannn [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krisstijannn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically

How can I fix this? I already tried some things but didn't help. After some time it gets back and turned on.

submitted by /u/krisstijannn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/krisstijannn, Mar 19, 2020

2. Can't disable Windows Antimalware Service Executable

Internet-connected PCs require continuous real-time AV/Antimalware protection in order to keep you safe from online threats, and that’s why Windows Defender is installed and enabled by default in Windows 10. If you’re not happy with Windows Defender
    for any reason whatsoever, then all you have to do is install another free AV app – and Windows Defender will automatically be disabled by the OS as soon as the new AV app registers itself with the system as an antivirus provider. Then if you uninstall the
    third-party AV app, Windows Defender will automatically be enabled so that no lapse in your AV/Antimalware protection ever occurs.

If you’re not happy with Defender for any reason at all, then follow the steps in this thread to replace it with another free AV app:

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows 10

Once you’ve installed another AV app, you’ll have the option to turn on Limited Periodic Scanning – and that will allow Windows Defender to run right alongside your new AV app with its real-time protection turned off – so that it doesn’t interfere
    with the new app. Limited Periodic Scanning allows you to run any kind of on-demand scan, including Windows Defender Offline and Command Line Interface scans. However, this mode won't allow you to turn on real-time protection or Controlled Folder Access.

Enable the limited periodic Windows Defender Antivirus scanning feature - Windows security

Here’s another great compatibility feature that’s built into Windows 10:

Automatic disabled mode is enabled so that if the protection offered by a third-party antivirus product goes out of date, is not updated, or stops providing real-time protection from viruses, malware, and other threats, Windows Defender AV will
    automatically enable itself to ensure antivirus protection is maintained on the endpoint.

Windows Defender Antivirus compatibility with other security products - Windows security

When this feature is working correctly, Windows Defender will automatically be activated as soon as you disable the real-time protection of your third-party AV app; and then it will be automatically disabled again as soon as you turn the third-party
    app’s real-time protection back on. So the lapse in protection will be on the order of seconds.

For more information, see this thread:

How do I turn Windows Defender off?

GreginMich, Mar 19, 2020
  3. How to kill "Antimalware Service Executable"

Hi Kirill,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about turning off Windows Defender. We will help you with this issue.

Antimalware Service Executable is one of the Windows processes which are supposed to be running on the operating system and hence you do not have permissions to end the process.

As you are trying to turn off the Windows Defender, I suggest you to use Group Policy to turn off Windows Defender and check if it helps.

NOTE: Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the
    Windows 10 Pro
    , Enterprise, and Education

Follow the below steps:

• Log-in as an administrator, press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.
    • If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location:
      Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender/Real-time Protection
    • In the right pane of Real-time Protection in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off real-time protection policy to edit it.
    • Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK
    • When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

NOTE: It is not recommend for the users to turn off Windows Defender is
    a built-in security software on Windows 10 Operating System. It will help you to scan for viruses and keep the device safe from any malware infections.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically

1. Antimalware Service Executable and Real Time Protection Keep Turning Back On Automatically - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Turn real-time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn real-time protection: I receive an email every time i boot telling me i am not protect and i have to Turn On Real Time ProtectionIt is already ON!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-real-time-protection/ea42c0a6-9b24-42c5-a3f9-c5475decaaf6
  3. real time protection not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    real time protection not turning on: real time protection not turning on windows defender services not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-protection-not-turning-on/acbe292d-bfd6-4d3c-8c60-cc89a0a56b07
  4. real time protection not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    real time protection not turning on: real time protection not turning on windows defender services not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-protection-not-turning-on/acbe292d-bfd6-4d3c-8c60-cc89a0a56b07
  5. real time protection not turning on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows Defense Antimalware Real-Time Protection

Windows Defense Antimalware Real-Time Protection: I can't turn on the real time protection in my settings. I have tried the suggested steps posted on your gethelp button but still didn't work. Would like to hear from you soon regarding this matter....
  7. How do I stop "Real-time protection" for turning back on automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop "Real-time protection" for turning back on automatically?: Hi, this thing is causing constant stutter for me when playing games so I always turn it off when I start up a game to avoid the stutter, the thing is it turns itself back on after a while which results in the stutter returning. I have two monitors, I had my main monitor with...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable is back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable is back: submitted by /u/Squat_in_a_corner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfzwaz/antimalware_service_executable_is_back/
  9. Turning on Real Time Protection

Turning on Real Time Protection: So I went to turn on the Real Time Protection with Windows Defender Security Centre, but the toggle switch was disabled. [ATTACH] So I scrolled down to see if I could find a way to turn it on and found this. [ATTACH] I then clicked Manage Controlled folder access,...
  10. Turn on Real-time protection

Turn on Real-time protection: Can you help me, I can't Turn on Real-time protection in Windows defender security. I use Windows 10 version 1803. Thankyou alot![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/turn-on-real-time-protection/bb14c04d-95ce-46ae-bce2-843d02cfe001"