Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I start my PC, I have a habit of opening task manager and always when I start my PC, Antimalware Service Executable is using roughly 3-4% of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XM1n3r, Nov 30, 2020.

1. /u/XM1n3r Win User

Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM

So when I start my PC, I have a habit of opening task manager and always when I start my PC, Antimalware Service Executable is using roughly 3-4% of my RAM. But, by throughout the day, it increases in RAM usage little by little. By the end of the day, it's using around 15% of my RAM which just doesn't seem right. I was just wondering if there was a fix to this or if this is just a problem for me and if there are any fixes? Thanks!

submitted by /u/XM1n3r
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XM1n3r, Nov 30, 2020

2. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

So my antimalware service executable(MsMpEng.exe) is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on.

Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without disabling it? Because i dont have any other antivirus.

Matrixx _02, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM

Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing high RAM usage issue due to Antimalware Service Executable.

It is one of the background-running services in Windows Defender. Antimalware Service Executable is running to scan the malware and spyware when you access them. It will detect if there’s anything harmful on your PC Aside from that, it also takes a
    background scan of your system for any viruses or worms. Its scanning relies heavily on your computer’s CPU, that’s why you find it’s eating the CPU usage on your Windows 10.

To get this sorted, I suggest to follow the steps below:

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type taskschd.msc and click on OK.
    1. Now expand Task Scheduler Library >
      Microsoft > Windows
    2. Select Windows Defender and on the right hand pane double-click on
      Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
    3. Under General tab, uncheck the box next to
      Run with highest privileges.
    4. Select Conditions tab, uncheck all the items and click on
      OK.

Method 2:

Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Update &
      Security and select Windows Security.
    3. Now click on Open Windows
      Security
    4. Click on Virus & threat protection
    5. Under Virus & threat protection settings click on
      Manage settings.
    6. Scroll down and look for Exclusions and select
      Add or remove exclusions.
    7. Click on Add an exclusion and select
      Process.
    8. Type MsMpEng.exe and click on
      Add

Restart the PC and check if the RAM usage is high.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM

1. Antimalware Service Executable Gradual Increase in RAM - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  3. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  4. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  5. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  6. Antimalware Service Executable

Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, Currently I'm facing a problem with the antimalware service executable. It uses half of my memory, I did tried some solutions such as: Change Windows Defender’s schedule and Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. However, none of these...
  7. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...
  8. Antimalware service executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable: The Antimalware service executable is killing my pc. It's kept the disk usage at 100% for months now, so I decided to look around for help. I saw other people get advice to mess with the task scheduler, more specifically, to uncheck all boxes in the conditions for Windows...
  9. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware service executable high ram usage: So my antimalware service executableMsMpEng.exe is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on. Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM: Hello, As the title says, I just noticed that the Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much RAM, 1.2gb to be exact. I noticed that this was caused by having the Real-Time Protection option enabled, but I still don't think this is normal. I tried leaving...