Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing very high CPU and memory usage because of Window's own *Antimalware Service Executable* program. I've pretty much tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lily.Nana, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Lily.Nana Win User

Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7

I have been experiencing very high CPU and memory usage because of Window's own *Antimalware Service Executable* program. I've pretty much tried everything that I've seen on websites like setting daily schedules for scans and even changing my antivirus, but nothing works. I'm out of options and I'm asking for your help. Please reply only if you have a decent way of fixing this, even better if you've experienced this yourself. Thank you.

:)

Lily.Nana, Jul 29, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU

I am experiencing high CPU usage on the Antimalware Service Executable on my Surface Pro i7 1 tb (2017). This has been going on for a couple of months. It makes my computer almost unusable. The CPU sits at 100% any time I try to use it. The CPU has
    over 50% usage when nothing is being run in the foreground all the time (24 hours a day). The April update was just installed and the Antimalware Service Executable is still running at over 40% of the CPU utilization.

Todd Haehn, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable, high cpu, memory and disk usage

I'm having the high CPU usage and it appears that antimalware service executable is to blame. Yes, I had Norton installed and used the removal tool. What do you think could be the problem?

MichaelGray336, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7

1. Antimalware Service Executable has high CPU and memory usage 24/7 - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage: Hello, The process Antimalware Service Executable is always on and consuming at least a 40% of my CPU. This started to happen a couple of months ago a bit, but now it is continuous. I have tried the different solutions posted in this community but none of them work for me I...
  3. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  4. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  5. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  7. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage: I updated my windows 10 a couple days ago and ever since, the Antimalware Service Executable task in the task manager is using up to 50-70% of my memory space. It stops me from being able to run video games as everything is quite laggy. I have searched previous forums and...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...
  10. Antimalware service executable high CPU usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high CPU usage: Recently antimalware service executable has been showing moderate to high CPU usage for about 10 seconds every 90 seconds approximately. This appears to be slowing some of my application software. I had not noticed this previously. Is there a simple a solution to this other...