Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I've watched half a million videos and read a million more forum posts on how to resolve this issue such as going into regedit, gpedit... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Melford1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Melford1 Win User

Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+

Hi there, I've watched half a million videos and read a million more forum posts on how to resolve this issue such as going into regedit, gpedit disabling real-time protection etc. I'm quite desperate now as 30% CPU of an i7 7700 is quite ridiculous. I have no underlying viruses, I've used Malwarebytes as well as other anti-virus software to fully scan my PC and I can't find anything suggesting there's a virus.

Please help me resolve this issue, I've tried enabling Windows Defender as well as disabling it; cleaning my temp files all the standard answers you can think of I've done; I need some real experience to help me fix this issue.

Many thanks,

James.

:)

Melford1, Sep 27, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU

I am experiencing high CPU usage on the Antimalware Service Executable on my Surface Pro i7 1 tb (2017). This has been going on for a couple of months. It makes my computer almost unusable. The CPU sits at 100% any time I try to use it. The CPU has
    over 50% usage when nothing is being run in the foreground all the time (24 hours a day). The April update was just installed and the Antimalware Service Executable is still running at over 40% of the CPU utilization.

Todd Haehn, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+

Antimalware Service Executable, high cpu, memory and disk usage

I'm having the high CPU usage and it appears that antimalware service executable is to blame. Yes, I had Norton installed and used the removal tool. What do you think could be the problem?

MichaelGray336, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+

1. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU 30%+ - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware service executable high ram usage: So my antimalware service executableMsMpEng.exe is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on. Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without...
  3. 98% CPU by Antimalware Service Executable

98% CPU by Antimalware Service Executable: Hello guys, I have a very strong computer Desktop Lenovo, 32GB RAM, IntelR XeonR E-2146G CPU @ 3.50Hz Five days ago I updated Windows 10 to Version 1909 Build 18363.900, I started having a lot of noise in my computer even when not in heavy use. Computer starts making a...
  4. Antimalware service executable high CPU usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high CPU usage: Recently antimalware service executable has been showing moderate to high CPU usage for about 10 seconds every 90 seconds approximately. This appears to be slowing some of my application software. I had not noticed this previously. Is there a simple a solution to this other...
  5. High CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable on Start-up

High CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable on Start-up: Hi there, I have some troubles regarding the Antimalware Service Executable which is eating my CPU till the computer grinds to a halt. This seems to occur on start-ups only, but I would like to know if there is anything I could do about it, as not being able to use the...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily: I'm at my absolute wits end with this thing. Every single day at exactly 10:28am my cpu hits 100% load with Antimalware Service Executable running doing something. I've googled for guides on how to stop it, or change it doing this to a more opportune time, etc. I've tried...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage ! HELP !

Antimalware Service Executable High CPU usage ! HELP !: Hello, I have windows 10. The main problem I encounter is that when I launch a game for example, the Antimalware Service Executable starts to use a lot of cpu usage 50-70% and it makes my computer so slow that I cannot even start the game, giving me an error. Sometimes it...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage

Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage: Hi, I am a windows 10 user. I have been facing this problem since many months. The problem is that whenever I start using my computer, in the background the antimalware service executable starts running and slowly it starts consuming almost all my CPU & RAM. Because of which...
  9. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable: I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU. I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows defender, adding the file to the exclusion list, even doing an full scan for any kind of malware but it seems i can't get...
  10. Antimalware service executable - high CPU - one solution

Antimalware service executable - high CPU - one solution: In a Windows 10 Pro 32 system, I had25-40% CPU for Antimalware Service Executable and another 25% for Malwarebytes. In all the CPU was running 100% with other things. I normally run Widnows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium together on lots of computers. So this is NOT a...