Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mawleek, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far.

submitted by /u/mawleek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mawleek, Jun 15, 2020
  2. SarahKong Win User

Antimalware Service Executable Constant Disk Usage

Found a great article that will hopefully help you out.

See the link for steps to resolve with screenshots.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/antimalwar...

SarahKong, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable, high cpu, memory and disk usage

I'm having the high CPU usage and it appears that antimalware service executable is to blame. Yes, I had Norton installed and used the removal tool. What do you think could be the problem?

MichaelGray336, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Infima Win User

Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

Antimalware Service Executable very high disk usage

For me, the Antimalware Service Executable still eats up my disk usage, but since the above suggestion made it so that it only happens while the machine is idle, that is okay for me. I haven't noticed any annoyance from it since.

(Of course, if I had programs running while not on the machine that also needed a lot of disk operations, the solution would not have worked for me, since then Antimalware Service Executable would interfere with those programs.)

If you are still experiencing problems, perhaps try disabling Antimalware Service Executable and the other service you mentioned (that I don't know) completely? Of course, that is assuming you can live with not having them.

(I don't think there is a way to change how much disk operations the program needs, so when it runs, it'll always have high disk usage if your disk is quite slow)

Infima, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

1. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage? - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  3. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  4. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage: Hello, so i saw at a task manager that Antimalware Service Executable is using 40%-50% of my RAM. I have watched many tutorials but it didnt help me. I hope you could help me sort this out.Best RegardsAsentrixas...
  6. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  7. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  8. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage: I updated my windows 10 a couple days ago and ever since, the Antimalware Service Executable task in the task manager is using up to 50-70% of my memory space. It stops me from being able to run video games as everything is quite laggy. I have searched previous forums and...
  10. MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    MsMpEng.exe Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage: I started playing some Fortnite on my laptop as usual and after a while, my laptop just turned off automatically and I found that maybe the problem is for anti-malware Service because I never saw that before in my task manager and it has 140MB mean 20% usage. another thing is...