Windows 10: antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

Discus and support antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just did update yesterday updates and antimalware service executable takes all my disk, too high up to 85% every minute until now and Virus threat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MUHAMMAD FARIS1, Jan 31, 2023.

1. antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

Just did update yesterday updates and antimalware service executable takes all my disk, too high up to 85% every minute until now and Virus threat protection keeps coming out eventhough i'm not doing a scanning. This just happen AFTER the updates. Any idea to solved this?

:)

MUHAMMAD FARIS1, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Carlo TJ Win User

High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

Good Day DeanSampson,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 10 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

-Does your device part of a company or organization , it appears that you are using enterprise version which is dedicated for company or business organization.

You can visit this link and try these steps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Restart once done and check the usage.

If issue persists, check for updates and install any updates available.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Carlo TJ, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Infima Win User
    Antimalware Service Executable very high disk usage

For me, the Antimalware Service Executable still eats up my disk usage, but since the above suggestion made it so that it only happens while the machine is idle, that is okay for me. I haven't noticed any annoyance from it since.

(Of course, if I had programs running while not on the machine that also needed a lot of disk operations, the solution would not have worked for me, since then Antimalware Service Executable would interfere with those programs.)

If you are still experiencing problems, perhaps try disabling Antimalware Service Executable and the other service you mentioned (that I don't know) completely? Of course, that is assuming you can live with not having them.

(I don't think there is a way to change how much disk operations the program needs, so when it runs, it'll always have high disk usage if your disk is quite slow)

Infima, Jan 31, 2023
  4. antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

antimalware service executable high memory usage

Hi Lwmct -

I'm Kevin B., I do apologize for the inconvenience that you're experiencing right now, let me help you sort things out.

The issue occurs due to its real-time protection on your windows computer. You can add the exe to its exclusion list and check if it helps

Kindly click on the link below and follow the steps suggested by JhakeSong, Independent Advisor, as he have an answer similar to your question.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Hope this will help and have a bless day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bart., Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

1. antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update - Similar Threads - antimalware service executable

2. antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update: Just did update yesterday updates and antimalware service executable takes all my disk, too high up to 85% every minute until now and Virus threat protection keeps coming out eventhough i'm not doing a scanning. This just happen AFTER the updates. Any idea to solved this?...
  3. antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    antimalware service executable High memory ussage and disk after update: Just did update yesterday updates and antimalware service executable takes all my disk, too high up to 85% every minute until now and Virus threat protection keeps coming out eventhough i'm not doing a scanning. This just happen AFTER the updates. Any idea to solved this?...
  4. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  5. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  6. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Antimalware service executable high memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high memory: How do I fix this, antimalware service is using a big chunk of my memory that I cant run several programs I need in a single time. I'm not running any scans on windows defender....
  8. antimalware service executable high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  9. Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High Memory Usage: I updated my windows 10 a couple days ago and ever since, the Antimalware Service Executable task in the task manager is using up to 50-70% of my memory space. It stops me from being able to run video games as everything is quite laggy. I have searched previous forums and...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...