Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Windows 1903, and I got this app that pops up in my task manager. It's called 'Antimalware Service Executable'. And it hogs up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Renoxxed, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Renoxxed Win User

Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

I did a clean install of Windows 1903, and I got this app that pops up in my task manager. It's called 'Antimalware Service Executable'. And it hogs up a lot of RAM, I've watched a couple of videos and gone to sites which didn't help at all. I also did a virus scan, yet it is still there. Any help?

:)

Renoxxed, Sep 16, 2019

2. Antimalware Service executable hogging up almost 60% of RAM .

Antimalware Service executable hogging up almost 60% of RAM thus rendering the memory intensive games unplayable. This issue is seriously bothersome and I want a quick fix to the problem before I am forced to Downgrade the windows back to Win7.

Expecting a Sincere and a quick response.

Thank you

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

SarthakRohilla, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

1. Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM. - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable up a lot of RAM for 200MB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable up a lot of RAM for 200MB: hello guys, the antimalware service executable on my windows 10 consumes 200mb of ram memory. is that fair? Or is it infected with a virus? I've done a scan with anti-virus software and there are no problems. I have also followed a lot of existing tutorials but still not...
  3. Antimalware service Executable service taking a LOT of Disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware service Executable service taking a LOT of Disk.: Hi, My PC is slow, so, when i opened task manager i saw that Antimalware Service Executable task, is taking lot of DISK, Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-service-taking-a/66cd63bc-0d8f-4edb-a820-3a224aa90f0d
  4. Antimalware service Executable service taking a LOT of Disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware service Executable service taking a LOT of Disk.: Hi, My PC is slow, so, when i opened task manager i saw that Antimalware Service Executable task, is taking lot of DISK, Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-service-taking-a/66cd63bc-0d8f-4edb-a820-3a224aa90f0d
  5. Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage: Hello! I am a windows 10 pro user. Well, this issue causes a lot of ram usage on my pc. I followed all the steps from other similar threads but, every time I boot my pc, my memory usage frantically spikes between 56-63% and when combining with the effect of opening other...
  6. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...
  7. Antimalware service executable and desktop window manager using a lot of ram

Antimalware service executable and desktop window manager using a lot of ram: Recently, i started getting very high ram usage from both dwm and ase. Im not sure what caused this, the only change that has been made to my computer is i have plugged in a second monitor. If anyone wants more details, go ahead and ask. Any help is greatly appreciated. This...
  8. antimalware service executable big memory hog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable big memory hog: It says "windows defender antivirus scan" all the time, literally the whole day for months now, how long is this scan taking? I have 8gb ram, and i play games which demand much of it, yet this is running in the background using 500-600mb of my RAM. What can I do? as far as...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging: I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource

Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource: Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resources. How can I fix the issue? Sometimes my computer uses 100 percent of disk because of this 2 tasks when nothing is running. It is making my computer slow. [ATTACH] [IMG]...