Windows 10: AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

Discus and support AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried doing every tip on this site except changing the registry because I do not have another Anti-Virus program. I have done the Cold-Start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott173, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Scott173 Win User

AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

I have tried doing every tip on this site except changing the registry because I do not have another Anti-Virus program. I have done the Cold-Start, Turned off real time protection, Made the file and the .exe command exempt from being scanned, I have set the scan to only once a week. It is literally kicking me off of World of Warcraft which is a very easy game on requirements. I have a pretty good gaming computer. I can't figure out what the problem is.

:)

Scott173, Dec 5, 2023

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

So my antimalware service executable(MsMpEng.exe) is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on.

Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without disabling it? Because i dont have any other antivirus.

Matrixx _02, Dec 5, 2023
  4. AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

1. AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it? - Similar Threads - AntiMalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM: Windows Defender or Antimalware Service executable is using +10% CPU and Almost 30% RAM...I am Using a ASUS TUF GAMING F15 2021 and cannot turn of Antimalware Service Executable.. I tried by using cmd and deleting the folder in regeistry editor but cmd says it cannot find..I...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM: Windows Defender or Antimalware Service executable is using +10% CPU and Almost 30% RAM...I am Using a ASUS TUF GAMING F15 2021 and cannot turn of Antimalware Service Executable.. I tried by using cmd and deleting the folder in regeistry editor but cmd says it cannot find..I...
  4. AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?: I have tried doing every tip on this site except changing the registry because I do not have another Anti-Virus program. I have done the Cold-Start, Turned off real time protection, Made the file and the .exe command exempt from being scanned, I have set the scan to only once...
  5. AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable is using 30% of my RAM. How do I stop it?: I have tried doing every tip on this site except changing the registry because I do not have another Anti-Virus program. I have done the Cold-Start, Turned off real time protection, Made the file and the .exe command exempt from being scanned, I have set the scan to only once...
  6. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  7. I Need Antimalware Service Executable To Stop Using Most Of My Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Need Antimalware Service Executable To Stop Using Most Of My Ram: A couple days ago I accidentally deleted a program from control panel called "update for windows 10 for x64-based systems" and I thought it was important because right after that my CPU usage suddenly maxed out to 100% then it dropped. The next day I asked some people from...
  8. I Need Antimalware Service Executable To Stop Using Most Of My Ram

I Need Antimalware Service Executable To Stop Using Most Of My Ram: A couple days ago I accidentally deleted a program from control panel called "update for windows 10 for x64-based systems" and I thought it was important because right after that my CPU usage suddenly maxed out to 100% then it dropped. The next day I asked some people from...
  9. I Need Antimalware Service Executable To Stop Using Most Of My Ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...