Windows 10: antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

Discus and support antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a defender scan, then after it finished I had nothing open at all and the task manager showed antimalware service executable is using 40pc of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tejhatjhte, Jun 22, 2021.

1. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

I ran a defender scan, then after it finished I had nothing open at all and the task manager showed antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when nothing else is running, why? It kept running until I opened an internet browser.

:)

tejhatjhte, Jun 22, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jun 22, 2021
  4. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

antimalware service executable running constantly

The process "Antimalware Service Executable" has been running constantly on my computer (Windows 10) using 236+MB memory. It has been running as one of the top processes for the last week, since I uninstalled my antivirus software (Bitdefender) due to THAT
    running constantly with high memory usage. I have rebooted several times.

From what I have seen it should only be running with high usage when it is actually doing a scan, not constantly. Is it indicative of some kind of virus?

shaoshantemple, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

1. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why? - Similar Threads - antimalware service executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory: Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory and CPU. I tried several method like adding MsMpEng.exe in exclusion list and from task managerschedule unchecking run with higest privileges and unchecking every option in conditions in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan but...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory: Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory and CPU. I tried several method like adding MsMpEng.exe in exclusion list and from task managerschedule unchecking run with higest privileges and unchecking every option in conditions in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan but...
  4. Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.: I checked the task manager and found out that the antimalware service executable is using a lot of memory and cpu everytime.Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-using-lot-of-memory/7287fedd-93e6-4a1d-a248-5219f90011ac
  5. Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware service executable using lot of memory and cpu.: I checked the task manager and found out that the antimalware service executable is using a lot of memory and cpu everytime.Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-using-lot-of-memory/7287fedd-93e6-4a1d-a248-5219f90011ac
  6. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  7. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  8. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?: When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the service?...
  9. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable: Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS: I have added exclusions for all mapped network drives from my NAS but Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service is constantly using significant network bandwidth. Is there any way to prevent this service from scanning network locations? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, Version...