Windows 10: antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

Discus and support antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a defender scan, then after it finished I had nothing open at all and the task manager showed antimalware service executable is using 40pc of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tejhatjhte, Jun 22, 2021.

1. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

I ran a defender scan, then after it finished I had nothing open at all and the task manager showed antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when nothing else is running, why? It kept running until I opened an internet browser.

:)

tejhatjhte, Jun 22, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jun 22, 2021
  4. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

antimalware service executable running constantly

The process "Antimalware Service Executable" has been running constantly on my computer (Windows 10) using 236+MB memory. It has been running as one of the top processes for the last week, since I uninstalled my antivirus software (Bitdefender) due to THAT
    running constantly with high memory usage. I have rebooted several times.

From what I have seen it should only be running with high usage when it is actually doing a scan, not constantly. Is it indicative of some kind of virus?

shaoshantemple, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why?

1. antimalware service executable is using 40pc of memory when scan is not running, why? - Similar Threads - antimalware service executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: hiA few days after the latest update, antimalware service executable / windows defender has been slowing my computer right down to a snails pace and i cannot stop it whatever i try. it is using at least 100MB at all times. it took me 32 actual seconds to open the start menu....
  3. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?: When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the service?...
  4. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable: Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS: I have added exclusions for all mapped network drives from my NAS but Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service is constantly using significant network bandwidth. Is there any way to prevent this service from scanning network locations? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, Version...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  8. antimalware service executable running constantly

antimalware service executable running constantly: The process "Antimalware Service Executable" has been running constantly on my computer (Windows 10) using 236+MB memory. It has been running as one of the top processes for the last week, since I uninstalled my antivirus software (Bitdefender) due to THAT running constantly...
  9. Antimalware service executable runs constantly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable runs constantly: How do I stop antimalware service executable from running constantly windows 10? I would like to disable windows defender, but do not know how....
  10. Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual: The status quo for me is for WD to be using in the range of 50 to 80 megabytes of memory, but right now it is using 115 megabytes of memory. Yeah it varies a lot. If Windows is doing some background maintenance, WD can use a lot of RAM. Same goes for Windows Apps updates...