Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, lately I've been having problems with the Antimalware Service Executable, which drives the cpu usage and the powerusage high. The only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathiMatje, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender

Hi everyone,

lately I've been having problems with the Antimalware Service Executable, which drives the cpu usage and the powerusage high. The only thing I changed was downloading the Git GUI, which I recently uninstalled again.

I also tried to change the scan timetable of the scan sceduler, didn't work either. Neither did adding the folder of MsMpEng.exe to the exception list.

Now, I just read that someone had a malware with the same name as the MsMpEng.exe. So I checked the folder and found that in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\ I have the folders 4.18.2103.7-0 and 4.18.2102.4-0.

Can or should I delete one of these folders and which other options do you have for me?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Cate

:)

CathiMatje, Apr 18, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I have the Antimalware Service Executable process running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. I had a look in Internet and in

http://installingwindows10technical.blogspot.it/2014/10/antimalware-service-executable-high-cpu.html
    I found a possible (strange) solution that is to put the file ...\WindowsDefender\MsMpEng.exe in
    Settings -> Excluded files and locations of Defender itself.

It seems to work better now but I wonder if the protection of Defender is still now available or not ... and why I have to exclude from the scan that file in the Defender directory ...

PS: I am an Insider and I have the last build 14271.rs1_release.160218-2310

Enzo Contini, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender

1. Antimalware Service Executable runs high and two Folders in Platform of Defender - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware service executable high memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high memory: How do I fix this, antimalware service is using a big chunk of my memory that I cant run several programs I need in a single time. I'm not running any scans on windows defender....
  3. Two Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Antimalware Service Executable: I have two Antimalware Service Executable and it does not really bother me but I want to know if it a virus or something I should be worried about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-antimalware-service-executable/92a3dfd5-d195-4170-b893-f2f13500956f
  4. Two Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Antimalware Service Executable: I have two Antimalware Service Executable and it does not really bother me but I want to know if it a virus or something I should be worried about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-antimalware-service-executable/92a3dfd5-d195-4170-b893-f2f13500956f
  5. windows defender antimalware service executable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender antimalware service executable: 1-Is this program always supposed to run in the background ?? Because this has slowed down the laptop and also the laptop fan is constantly working with overheating 2-What can I do to stop this?...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily: I'm at my absolute wits end with this thing. Every single day at exactly 10:28am my cpu hits 100% load with Antimalware Service Executable running doing something. I've googled for guides on how to stop it, or change it doing this to a more opportune time, etc. I've tried...
  7. Windows defender. Antimalware service executable.

Windows defender. Antimalware service executable.: Hola! Puse Windows Defender a analizar mi PC y encontró varios malware. Lo puse a trabajar, pero lleva más de 24 horas funcionando sin terminar el trabajo. En el administrador de tareas veo que ocupa gran parte de la CPU y Disco, pero ya van demasiadas horas. Cuánto puede...
  8. Windows Defender Antimalware service executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Antimalware service executable: Antimalware Service Executable is always running and using 100mb of memory. It is not running a scan all day every day however it is constantly using memory. I have tried re-schedule scan from the normal control pannel, setting, and task sheduler, I have disabled every...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable (Windows Defender)

Antimalware Service Executable (Windows Defender): I am running an industrial DAQ program (Data Acquisition Program) on a Windows 10 industrial PC. The PC does not get used for emails, internet browsing, it is just a stand-alone PC collecting data from field sensors via serial communications. The DAQ program runs perfectly...
  10. Antimalware service executable runs constantly

Antimalware service executable runs constantly: How do I stop antimalware service executable from running constantly windows 10? I would like to disable windows defender, but do not know how....