Windows 10: Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

Discus and support Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I am a windows 10 pro user. Well, this issue causes a lot of ram usage on my pc. I followed all the steps from other similar threads but, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aryan Hossain_644, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

Hello! I am a windows 10 pro user. Well, this issue causes a lot of ram usage on my pc. I followed all the steps from other similar threads but, every time I boot my pc, my memory usage frantically spikes between 56-63% and when combining with the effect of opening other apps, it is a freaking 100%!!! Please provide me a solution. I'm providing some screenshots. Sorry for the same screenshots provided.

:)

Aryan Hossain_644, Jul 24, 2021

2. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

So my antimalware service executable(MsMpEng.exe) is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on.

Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without disabling it? Because i dont have any other antivirus.

Matrixx _02, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jul 24, 2021
  4. SarahKong Win User

Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

SarahKong, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

1. Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage - Similar Threads - Antimalware service executable

2. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  3. AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AntiMalware Service Executable High Ram Usage: For 2 weeks now the Microsoft antimalware service has been using 250-300MB of ram. I watched a lot of videos and tried a lot of solutions and nothing worked. It is slowing my laptop down....
  4. Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) high RAM usage: For about 2 days now i've seen Antimalware Service Executable use up big amounts of RAM when playing different games like CSGO (up to 4/16gb). Since then i've tried several different things that i found on different forums. I tried: - Disabling Windows Defender - Changing...
  5. Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu and high ram.: Hi, Antimalware service executable service is taking high cpu almost 60% and high memory even when windows defender is not running a scan. I have been facing this issue from the past week and this service is continuously taking high cpu and high ram even when I am not idle....
  6. Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory RAM usage: hello antimalware service executable is always on and at a high fixed rate of memory usage , i use windows defender , i dont use any other antiviruses software , i think this problem appeared after i upgraded to windows 10 few days ago , i tried both methods in the answer of...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable High RAM and CPU usage.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable High RAM and CPU usage.: Hello! I was wondering why Antimalware Service Executable is taking up over half of my computer's RAM and CPU usage. I tried excluding it in Windows Security and trying to change the schedule in Task Scheduler, but no luck. I have the latest version of Windows 10 just so you...
  8. Antimalware service executable high ram usage

Antimalware service executable high ram usage: So my antimalware service executableMsMpEng.exe is using around 200mb ram and slowly keeps going up the longer my pc is on. Ive added it to the list of exclusions and unchecked all conditions in task scheduler. Can someone tell me how to reduce the ram usage without...
  9. High RAM and disk usage by service host and antimalware service executable

High RAM and disk usage by service host and antimalware service executable: My laptop's RAM and disk usage is very high due to service host and other suspicious activity and there are 140+ processes active, however there are no applications running why so?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage: Hi, I am a windows 10 user. I have been facing this problem since many months. The problem is that whenever I start using my computer, in the background the antimalware service executable starts running and slowly it starts consuming almost all my CPU & RAM. Because of which...