Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have reinstalled a new Windows 11, and this had never happened before:Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU.How do I disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Idan Halpern, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

Hi,I have reinstalled a new Windows 11, and this had never happened before:Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU.How do I disable it for good?Thanks!

:)

Idan Halpern, Dec 1, 2022

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Dec 1, 2022
  3. High CPU usage because of Antimalware Service Executable

I don't know why but Antimalware Service Executable is using 80% if my CPU.

I did anything to try to stop it but it didn't work. Stopped the windows defender, adding the file to the exclusion list, even doing an full scan for any kind of malware but it seems i can't get anywhere with this. The only way i can make it stop for a little
    bit is the task manager, ending the process. I didn't have this problem until a few days ago. Maybe is something to do with the updates? I don't know. I tried to set the affinity to one core but it didn't work.

Looks like it needs to be resolved by an upcoming update or something. Thank you for your support

***Original title: Antimalware Service Executable***

IonutBicoiu, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

1. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU

Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU: Hi,I have reinstalled a new Windows 11, and this had never happened before:Antimalware Service Executable task takes way too much CPU.How do I disable it for good?Thanks!...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: hiA few days after the latest update, antimalware service executable / windows defender has been slowing my computer right down to a snails pace and i cannot stop it whatever i try. it is using at least 100MB at all times. it took me 32 actual seconds to open the start menu....
  9. Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.

Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.: Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory and my laptop is lagging. I am facing this problem from last 10 days. Please help. My laptop is asus x507UA i5 quad core processor 8 gb ram....
  10. antimalware service taking up too much resources

antimalware service taking up too much resources: lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing...