Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicoGZ, Jul 19, 2020.

1. NicoGZ Win User

Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

Hello,

Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I searched and found that this is an on-going issue with Windows 10. I hope they would do something about it because it is affecting a lot of people like me who needs to work especially in this time of pandemic. Now I have no productivity and might risk losing my job because of this stubborn Windows Defender scan. I hope somebody can help me. Thank you.

:)

NicoGZ, Jul 19, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Two days ago I started noticing slowdowns when playing games and using other programs in the background and experienced a lot of crashes due to RAM just filling up. When i looked in the Task Manager i noticed that the Antimalware service executable was using
    up to 6 GB of RAM on any given moment, sometimes less, but not less than 2.5GB. It was also sporadic. I would restart my PC and all would be fine for a few hours and then it just started eating up RAM again.

When looking into the problem i noticed I was not alone in this but all the suggestions I read and applied were not doing anything.

I tried putting an exclusion for MsMpEng.exe, it did nothing.

I tried the Task Scheduler tip that i read on the support forums. It did nothing.

I tried editing the registry with a tip i read on the support forum. It did nothing.

I really need help with this because it's not only tampering with my games, but with my work also seeing as we are all in a similar situation worldwide and having 98% of my ram taken up is a tad bit annoying.

SwiftKetchup803, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable & Cortana Using Too much ram

My laptop has 64-Bit Operating System with 4 GB RAM. Most of the RAM is used by Antimalware Service Executable & Cortana which are 70 MB and 40 MB respectively. Usually RAM usage(Memory in Task Manager) is more than 40 % even if I am not using any software.
    My friend said that RAM usage must be below 20 %. How to reduce this usage?

#sorryforenglish

DhavalGajera, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

1. Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using 10% CPU and 30% RAM: Windows Defender or Antimalware Service executable is using +10% CPU and Almost 30% RAM...I am Using a ASUS TUF GAMING F15 2021 and cannot turn of Antimalware Service Executable.. I tried by using cmd and deleting the folder in regeistry editor but cmd says it cannot find..I...
  3. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  4. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  5. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...
  6. antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    antimalware service executable using high ram at all times.: Just bought a new laptop, and at all times in task manager, 200mb of my ram is being used by antimalware service executable, however i don't see this in my task manager at all on my desktop. I've tried a couple fixes given on other questions here, but those questions relate...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM: Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I...
  8. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM: Two days ago I started noticing slowdowns when playing games and using other programs in the background and experienced a lot of crashes due to RAM just filling up. When i looked in the Task Manager i noticed that the Antimalware service executable was using up to 6 GB of RAM...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable Using High CPU & RAM Usage: Hi, I am a windows 10 user. I have been facing this problem since many months. The problem is that whenever I start using my computer, in the background the antimalware service executable starts running and slowly it starts consuming almost all my CPU & RAM. Because of which...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM: Hello, As the title says, I just noticed that the Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much RAM, 1.2gb to be exact. I noticed that this was caused by having the Real-Time Protection option enabled, but I still don't think this is normal. I tried leaving...