Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Danyel Cavazos, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-high-disk-memory/cc35dee2-032c-4e39-a04d-9a94c7964b0dand herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-high-memory-not/04f67e22-2ba9-4304-93cf-638d056b0509?LastReply=truewithout any success. There doesn't seem to be any good solution online. It is also ridiculous that I cannot stop the proces

:)

Danyel Cavazos, Dec 29, 2022

2. Antimalware service executable using memory but no cpu

Quick question, If I were to end task on Antimalware service executable would it start again. Currently, it is using .01 percent of the CPU and 1,359 KB of memory. It seems as if it has ended execution, but forgot to release the memory it was using. I still
    want it on my computer, I just don't wasn't it using so much memory when it doesn't even seem to be running.

P.S. this may be relevant, I am currently running a python keras model which is taking 100 percent of the cpu, would this be causing the service executable to be holding so much memory but not running.

Thanks,

calebHerne, Dec 29, 2022
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Dec 29, 2022
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Dec 29, 2022
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

1. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory: Antimalware Service Executable using very much memory and CPU. I tried several method like adding MsMpEng.exe in exclusion list and from task managerschedule unchecking run with higest privileges and unchecking every option in conditions in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan but...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU: I have a Windows 10 computer. I have the same problem as many other users, the Antimalware Service Executable using too much memory and CPU. I have already followed the steps...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: In Task Manager, Antimalware Service Executable is using >300MB of memory and absolutely destroying my experience of Windows. I've done a whole bunch of suggested fixes, such as turning off live protection and adding the MsMpEng.exe exclusion, but none of them worked. Also, I...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory

Antimalware Service Executable using way too much memory: hiA few days after the latest update, antimalware service executable / windows defender has been slowing my computer right down to a snails pace and i cannot stop it whatever i try. it is using at least 100MB at all times. it took me 32 actual seconds to open the start menu....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.

Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory.: Antimalware Service Executable is taking too much memory and my laptop is lagging. I am facing this problem from last 10 days. Please help. My laptop is asus x507UA i5 quad core processor 8 gb ram....
  9. Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.: I have 8Gb of ram in my laptop and for the past few days, Antimalware Service Executable has been using more than 500mbs of RAM. Please help me out and let me know what to do....
  10. antimalware service executable process uses up too much memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable process uses up too much memory: ive tried so many things from video tutorials on youtube but this thing wont go away, it keeps around 40% of my memory and whenever i open anything else i just lag like hell i wanna get rid of it somehow cause im extremely done, i recently upgraded to windows 10 thinkin itd...