Windows 10: Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Discus and support Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago I started noticing slowdowns when playing games and using other programs in the background and experienced a lot of crashes due to RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SwiftKetchup803, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Two days ago I started noticing slowdowns when playing games and using other programs in the background and experienced a lot of crashes due to RAM just filling up. When i looked in the Task Manager i noticed that the Antimalware service executable was using up to 6 GB of RAM on any given moment, sometimes less, but not less than 2.5GB. It was also sporadic. I would restart my PC and all would be fine for a few hours and then it just started eating up RAM again.

When looking into the problem i noticed I was not alone in this but all the suggestions I read and applied were not doing anything.

I tried putting an exclusion for MsMpEng.exe, it did nothing.

I tried the Task Scheduler tip that i read on the support forums. It did nothing.

I tried editing the registry with a tip i read on the support forum. It did nothing.

I really need help with this because it's not only tampering with my games, but with my work also seeing as we are all in a similar situation worldwide and having 98% of my ram taken up is a tad bit annoying.

:)

SwiftKetchup803, Apr 14, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

1. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM - Similar Threads - Antimalware service executable

2. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  3. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  4. Antimalware Service Executable up a lot of RAM for 200MB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable up a lot of RAM for 200MB: hello guys, the antimalware service executable on my windows 10 consumes 200mb of ram memory. is that fair? Or is it infected with a virus? I've done a scan with anti-virus software and there are no problems. I have also followed a lot of existing tutorials but still not...
  5. Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware service executable taking up ram usage: Hello! I am a windows 10 pro user. Well, this issue causes a lot of ram usage on my pc. I followed all the steps from other similar threads but, every time I boot my pc, my memory usage frantically spikes between 56-63% and when combining with the effect of opening other...
  6. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...
  7. Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Antimalware Service Executable using up too much RAM Memory.: I have 8Gb of ram in my laptop and for the past few days, Antimalware Service Executable has been using more than 500mbs of RAM. Please help me out and let me know what to do....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM: Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I...
  9. Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable Uses 1 GB of RAM: Hello, Can somebody help me. I noticed that my laptop crashes a lot recently. When I checked my Task Manager I saw that the Antimalware Service Executable uses 1 GB of RAM. I tried but I have no way to stop it. Now I am unable to use my laptop for work due to this. I...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM

Antimalware Service Executable is using 1.2gb of RAM: Hello, As the title says, I just noticed that the Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much RAM, 1.2gb to be exact. I noticed that this was caused by having the Real-Time Protection option enabled, but I still don't think this is normal. I tried leaving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender 100% ram