Windows 10: Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

Discus and support Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DouglasMartinez1, May 6, 2020.

1. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me enjoyment of my games.

:)

DouglasMartinez1, May 6, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2020
  3. Does Microsoft know their Antimalware Service Executable uses 100% Disk storage? Do they think this is ok? I'm trying to work.

Does Microsoft know their Antimalware Service Executable uses 100% Disk storage? Do they think this is ok? I'm trying to work, but my resources are hogged by a program that is supposed to protect me from having my resources hogged by maleware.
    Should Antimalware Service Executable be classified as maleware itself? I went through all the steps to try to disable it, but it still hogs resources at times. Please, at least, throttle
    Antimalware Service Executable to consume only, say, 50% of any resource: CPU, Memory, Disk, Network.

I am trying to use Windows 10 for business, but it slows me down.

ScottPelak, May 6, 2020
  4. Renoxxed Win User

Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

I did a clean install of Windows 1903, and I got this app that pops up in my task manager. It's called 'Antimalware Service Executable'. And it hogs up a lot of RAM, I've watched a couple of videos and gone to sites which didn't help at all. I also did
    a virus scan, yet it is still there. Any help?

Renoxxed, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

1. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging - Similar Threads - Antimalware Service Executable

2. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  3. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  4. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Antimalware Service Executable: How do I stop the Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10?I've tried using the Group Policy Editor and Registry editor but the old methods don't seem to work anymore. This thing is unusable with Windows Defender turned on and I don't have access to my Mac right now....
  6. Stop Antimalware service executable

Stop Antimalware service executable: I have tried registry edit, task scheduler. I can't seem to stop Windows defender antimalware service executable.It says its disabled but its still using the same amount of resources when I check task manager. How can I stop it without it starting up again....
  7. antimalware service executable big memory hog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable big memory hog: It says "windows defender antivirus scan" all the time, literally the whole day for months now, how long is this scan taking? I have 8gb ram, and i play games which demand much of it, yet this is running in the background using 500-600mb of my RAM. What can I do? as far as...
  8. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  9. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.: I did a clean install of Windows 1903, and I got this app that pops up in my task manager. It's called 'Antimalware Service Executable'. And it hogs up a lot of RAM, I've watched a couple of videos and gone to sites which didn't help at all. I also did a virus scan, yet it is...